View Full Version : The joy of Vodafone

Denyo1977
18th August 2006, 04:26 PM
Ok, here we go. On the 13th July I installed Radio DJ on my phone. Wasn't too impressed with the whole thing but I used it now and then at work. About two weeks later I requested a text message from Vodafone to see how many minutes and text messages I used. And suddenly I was supposed to have used over 200mb and I had unbilled calls of about £500!!!
Called Vodafone and the lady told me I wasn't connecting through GPRS, I was using dial up. In the end she talked so much bulls..t that I was actually convinced that after installing a new Nokia software on my N70 I messed up my settings and it was my fault.
New month and I wanted to be careful. I deleted all my Wap settings and requested new ones from Vodafone. I only used the Radio DJ two or three times to see if they bill me again. Got the text message and yes, they billed me again.
Called Vodafone, and I was told by a lady (who didn't have a clue at all) that the text message shows all the megabytes I use (Vodafone Live and other pages) and she even said the extra bundle only includes text messages. So infact she made me believe everything is ok.
Later that day I had a look at my bill online and suddenly saw that they were billing me for text messages although I have a £14 allowance. Hooray, that meant I was charged every time I used Radio DJ again and it used up my allowance.
Third call and I was only told I have to go to a Vodafone store to show them my phone to see if I connect via GPRS.
Forth call was actually made by a friend who used to work for Orange CS. The guy actually agreed that there is probably something wrong and I would get a credit if I go to a store and show my phone.
Next day in my lunch break off to the store. After one hour and the woman in the store being on the phone to CS nearly all the time she told me that I could go if I wanted and she would contact me. She rang me and told me Vodafone would investigate the whole thing and they would contact me in the next 72 hours.
6 days later still no call I called them again. The guy said that someone messed up and actually nothing happened so far but he would make sure that I would get the money back.
And finally yesterday I had a voice message that there is a fault with Radio DJ (don't want to know how many other people had the problem) and that I would get a credit on my bill.
That's the good thing. But I am sure I will have to call them again next month to get the money back for this month (Radio DJ usage and text messages as I didn't have any allowance left).

I actually liked Vodafone so far but this experience (4 people didn't know what they were talking about) and the fact their tariffs are getting worse I don't think I will stay with them after December.

Ben
18th August 2006, 04:56 PM
Urgh, sorry to hear about your experience with RadioDJ Denyo1977, billing issues, especially these days, can be a real pain in the backside to get sorted out given the complicated nature of todays platforms and, by the sound of it, poor logging and reporting.

I'm sure that, at great expense to your own personal time, everything will be resolved to your satisfaction. The networks are clearly failing to manage the complex state of affairs they have created for themselves, though, and just like free weekend calls or (insert promotion here) I'm sure numerous others will be in the same boat.

If you decide to switch the challenge will be finding another network as robust as Vodafone. It's certainly a big issue down here, nothing stands up to Vodafone for coverage or reliability - only the other day someone I know locally who has switched to T-Mobile's Flext from Vodafone was raving about having calls go to answerphone due to poor reception, while someone else who was here today was raving about dropped calls on Orange.

midlands_lad
23rd August 2006, 05:12 PM
Hi Denyo1977,

I work for Vodafone and I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've had.

If you do still have any issues next month, rather than ringing 191 you could always send an email to our online customer services team, also quoting a link to this thread.

You can contact customer services by going to www.vodafone.co.uk, selecting 'contact us' then 'email'. If you leave the short-code FIT135 in the body of the email, this will route it to a member of our staff who will be able to help you.

Hope this helps.

Hands0n
23rd August 2006, 05:19 PM
Nice one midlands_lad, very helpful and appreciated to have your golden advice on this forum. Cheers muchly :)