View Full Version : drivers for LG U400??

lc2407
21st August 2006, 10:38 PM
Hi, I have just been trying to connect my new phone to my laptop to transfer some music, but the instal hardware wizard can't locate the drivers, I have used the installation disk. I have also gone onto the LG website and looked throguh there FAQ's and followed their instructions to attempt to reinstal the drivers and still no joy.
Has anyone else had this problem.......any suggestions?
I only bought the phone yesterday from the Carphone Warehouse and have 14 days to return it, should I just take it back?
Cheers, Lou

3g-g
21st August 2006, 11:05 PM
Other than going to the control panel on your PC, then add / remove programs to make sure the initial LG software is off before trying again, I'm not sure what else to suggest. Could you perhaps try and get another installation CD from your point of purchase?

I've noticed on the LG service website that the only bit I can't click onto is the product support area where the drivers for download are! Typical!

Perhaps you should try the link, see if it's the same for yourself if you haven't done so already! It'd be a damn shame if you can't get music onto the handset considering that's what it's for! If all else fails and you do decide to take it back the Sony Ericsson k800i is probably our handset of the moment on T3G!

Let us know how you get on, here's the link to LG.

http://uk.lge.com/support/support_lgeservice.jsp

lc2407
22nd August 2006, 11:13 PM
Hiya,
Thanks for your advice, I emailed the LG support desk, and recvd a reply today explaining how to do it.......apparently you have to click to install it manually from a specified location (the advanced setting that I never touch!!) rather than allowing windows to do it automatically. So it's now done and I am downloading music as we speak....well as I type!!
I think I may have to splash out on a bigger memory card though, 512mb just won't be enough.
Thanks again, Lou x

marklilley
31st August 2006, 08:51 PM
I am having the same problem - can you post please how to install. Thanks a million!:)

4422cat
18th October 2006, 02:39 PM
hi i am having trouble as well could you please post instructions as windows XP wont let me run the disc.Cheers!!!

Hands0n
18th October 2006, 09:02 PM
Reading what LC2407 has to say above the answer to your question seems to be as follows.

Plug LG U400 into the PC's USB port.
The PC should then say that it is trying to install new hardware and set up a dialogue box asking from where to find the drivers.
Click on the option to install the drivers from a specific location, and choose the CD supplied by LG with the handset. Somewhere on that CD will be a directory containing the XP drivers for the U400. Once you find that, click Next and the install should continue.

Its a clumsy way of installing the drivers, but if thats what LG's IT folk have come up with then thats what you've got to do.

It is all rather standard XP installing work.

I cannot validate any of this as I do not have an LG U400 but have come across this method of instaling drivers "manually" many times in the past.

4422cat
19th October 2006, 05:48 PM
thanks for the advice but unfortunately it still does not work.Dialogue box comes up saying that LG software has not passed windows testing whether it is installed manually or automatically.To say i am peeved is an understatement!!!!
It s called a music box but i think a more apt name would be plain old box!!!!

Hands0n
19th October 2006, 10:29 PM
When that dialogue box comes up you should have a choice of accepting the install anyway, take that one. All it means is that the app/drivers are not Microsoft Certified, could be very unsafe ... but don't worry if its legit LG software. Try again.

4422cat
21st October 2006, 10:05 AM
unfortunately i have done as you have suggested on many occasions using advanced and reccomended ways of installing.it keeps saying there is a problem with installing the software and cannot find it!!!
I cannot believe how ridiculously hard it is to install this software Sony Ericcson s is so much easier and simple.I have emailed LG but they cannot be bothered to reply.

Hands0n
21st October 2006, 06:40 PM
That is a crying shame really. There must be a specific incompatibility with your particular Windows XP installation, and that is not at all an unusual thing to occur. Have you another XP system that you could try the install on just to prove the point? I rather suspect that LG will recommend a re-install of XP, like that is a viable option for most people!!! Sorry, cant think of anything else that could try in the absence of LG responding to your query.

4422cat
24th October 2006, 06:20 PM
i have somehow managed to put certain drivers on but the usb driver which allows connection from pc to phone cannot be found.this is really frustrating does anyone know how to install/ find this driver on the disc provided.