View Full Version : 3G workhorse

3g-g
31st March 2005, 12:13 AM
I've had this handset for almost a year now, I think I'm right in saying it was Nokias first dual mode capable 3g handset.

No video calling, but came with bluetooth and the ability to get your data a lot quicker if paired with a laptop, which I do every day.

There's nothing really pretty about this phone, and it's not really something for slipping into a pocket on a night out, however, as far as reliability, a great user interface and the ability to make use of the 3g network, I'd say a great handset.

Maybe someone will disagree!

Ben
10th April 2005, 03:15 PM
I have to say, when I heard about this handset and went to the Nokia website to check it out - my heard sank! While it does look very 'engineering' it has almost zero public appeal. Was this handset purely developed as a piece of testing equipment for 3G networks? I think so.

What I don't doubt, however, is that it handles 3G perfectly. It's probably more reliable than a lot of the more 'advanced' 3G handsets out there today. With the exception of the Fashion series (which, to be honest, needs to be a lot more fashionable!) Nokia phones usually do seem to put function before form - so in this case it could be the best phone ever! ;)

All this said, I would love to actually play with one.

3g-g
10th April 2005, 06:50 PM
Get a 7600, and thats basicly the same phone in a different shell! Nothing much to write home about!

But it's got the good old network monitor on it which gets used every day, and confuses the Orange shop staff whenever they see it! (they presume the handset is broken)

Although I did notice when I turned the handset on and off the other day on start up it says "Nokia test product, not for resale". I think that confirms it was never really meant for the public, ah i feel so special!