View Full Version : Unbranding samsung Z400

youngmee
22nd August 2006, 06:43 AM
Anyone know how to unbrand this phone? is there any patches or firmware out yet??

Ben
22nd August 2006, 02:16 PM
Hi, welcome to Talk3G!

What's your current software version, and to what network is your handset branded? Hopefully that information will allow someone to better answer your question.

kev_safc
25th August 2006, 01:36 AM
I've got an O2 Samsung Z400 however it has been unlocked to allow use of my vodafone sim card.

Now want it debranding to remove all of the O2 content on the phone.

TT600
17th September 2007, 05:34 PM
I've got an O2 Samsung Z400 however it has been unlocked to allow use of my vodafone sim card.

Now want it debranding to remove all of the O2 content on the phone.

I'm in a similar situation, using my wife's Z400 which was on O2, my vodafone sim works for calls and sending texts, but not receiving texts.
I am unable to set up the vodafone MMS and wap due to it being locked by O2.

Anyone any suggestions??

Thanks in advance,

Kev

TT600
21st September 2007, 07:29 PM
Just a quick update.

I was unable to set the wap and mms to vodafone from their website, I spoke to customer services twice, each time they sent me the settings but the phone wouldn't receive them.

I then downloaded the settings from the samsung site, received and installed without a problem. I now have wap and mms working.

I still seemed to be unable to receive text messages for some reason, I sent a message to vodafone from their customer services website explaining the situation and received an acknowledgement e-mail by automated response.

Whilst driving home from work this evening I received an sms sent by my wife last night, and another sent this morning by my daughter.

I later sent a reply to my daughter and received a reply almost straight away.

No further response from vodafone but at the moment everything seems to be working, albeit with the O2 settings still on the phone but deselected.

Strange but true, so far I'm a happy teddy.:):):)

Hands0n
21st September 2007, 11:38 PM
Nice one :) Glad to see you got it sorted in the end. It is sometimes difficult to get the correct settings for a handset from the network operator and in those times the manufacturer website can offer better help.

The O2 branding is not important - just the settings.

If you want more help with settings for Vodafone, providing you're comfortable fiddling in the various menus etc. you can get a lot of info from http://www.filesaveas.com/mobilefaq.html . An odd name for a website, I know. But their settings information is fairly accurate.