View Full Version : Problems with Bluetooth connectivity on SE K800i

M3CS Dude
22nd August 2006, 08:32 AM
Hi Everyone, first post from me so be gentle:)

I have recently bought a SE K800i frtom T-Mobile, great mobile and very happy with it.

However I have had a problem when trying to connect the handset to my in car factory fitted bluetooth prep system. The car is a BMW M3. I have managed to pair the handset without any issues, but the handsets is constantly connecting and disconnecting, hence I cant use it with the bluetooth prep fitted to the car. Prior to this I had a Motorola V3, which worked fine, and connection was up all the time.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this problem, or if there is a SW upgrade from SE that will fix the issue?

Many Thanks

Lou

getti
22nd August 2006, 09:36 AM
Welcome to Talk3G!. If you check the Sony Ericsson website there is a section under Downloads for software upgrades.

It downloads a small app to your computer and ann you do is run it with the data cable put into your phone.

It checks if there is newer software out and will update it for you if needed. Failing this you could use a company like Davinci Team and flash the phone with the generic Sim Free software that the manufacturer puts on it. This costs about £10 but be warned you need to backup your content first. You will then loose your T-M settings but a quick trip back to the Sony Ericsson website fixes this as they can send you the settings via text... all you do it choose Options > Save and they are back again but on sim free software.

If you need any help any of the team here will be more than happy. Enjoy the phone & welcome again

M3CS Dude
22nd August 2006, 11:04 AM
Welcome to Talk3G!. If you check the Sony Ericsson website there is a section under Downloads for software upgrades.

It downloads a small app to your computer and ann you do is run it with the data cable put into your phone.

It checks if there is newer software out and will update it for you if needed. Failing this you could use a company like Davinci Team and flash the phone with the generic Sim Free software that the manufacturer puts on it. This costs about £10 but be warned you need to backup your content first. You will then loose your T-M settings but a quick trip back to the Sony Ericsson website fixes this as they can send you the settings via text... all you do it choose Options > Save and they are back again but on sim free software.

If you need any help any of the team here will be more than happy. Enjoy the phone & welcome again

Hi there

I have talked with SE and they advised me to download the UpdateService_Inst_2.6.4.9.exe file

I have done this and updated the handset (i think) but its still doing the same thing

Please help a desperate man!!

Thanks

Lou

getti
22nd August 2006, 11:26 AM
hmmm. Maybe check under the bluetooth options to make sure it is not set to disconnect when not in use or something?

Might be an option like that

M3CS Dude
22nd August 2006, 12:22 PM
hmmm. Maybe check under the bluetooth options to make sure it is not set to disconnect when not in use or something?

Might be an option like that

I have just re checked thehandset and tried to again download the sw fro SE. The screen says that the handset has the latest updates, and none are available?

The handset is set to always connect when in bluetooth mode??

3g-g
23rd August 2006, 12:07 AM
Hi M3CS Dude,

Are you able to find out the manufacturer of the Bluetooth prep in the car? The only reason I ask is sometimes BT car kits and handsets of differing manufacturer type can't be rather "arsey" with each other. My Nokia handset and Sony Ericsson BT car kit don't get on very well, not pairing, dropping connections mid call. However my Motorola and the car kit get on fine, never a problem, all calls held, you can connect and disconnect 'till your hearts content.

My thoughts are an incompitbility issue, you may find SE and your car kit are never destined to get on I'm afraid! :(