View Full Version : U400 Memory Card Issues

ellie_hall
24th August 2006, 09:08 AM
I got a new U400 on tuesday. I'm having problems with the memory card as it refuses to stay in the slot. Is anyone else having issues? Should there be a mechanism inside the slot to hold the card in place, because the bit of plastic over the top is not doing the job!

3g-g
24th August 2006, 10:08 AM
Hi ellie_hall, welcome to Talk 3G! :)

When inserting the memory card have you tried pushing it in with the tip of a pen or pencil? I would of thought there's a lock to hold the card in place, I've not found a handset yet that doesn't have a memory card lock. It should be a case of finding something slim enough to push it right it, there should be a little click, the card will move back ever so slightly and it should be locked in place. To remove the card you should just be able to push the card in slightly again and it should pop out. I know my sister had similar problems with a Nokia she had and was just relying on the little rubber card slot cover to keep her memory card in!

Get back to us if you've still got issues, perhaps the memory card lock is faulty?

G.

lc2407
25th August 2006, 11:15 AM
Yes, it should, as 3g-g says have a lock, mine has.

Lou x

Damien1989
15th December 2006, 10:44 AM
hey, i got a U400 or Neo as some call it, i turned it on and put in the memory card but it won't work, it syas " insert memory card"!
I also got an adapter for the memory cards so it can fit into a standard SD slot but it won't show up on the card reader! plz help!:( :( how do i get the memory cards to work?