View Full Version : V3 or L7

lc2407
25th August 2006, 08:26 PM
Hi I've just been having a nosy at the "clearance deals" (reconditioned?) phones on CPW online and they have both a V3 and a L7 with orange for 99p a month for 10 months on a 12 months contract (30/m) I'm thinking about getting one for my son as it's cheaper than him having a payg.....I know from friends that there ware a lot of probs with the V3. Was this just a prob with the softwatre which has been/can be solved?
Are either of these worth getting if so which one would be best.....I think he would prefer the V3.
Thanks, Lou x

solo12002
25th August 2006, 09:18 PM
be careful.

1. you may have to pay full price up front then reclaim back and its well known that not all mobile shope play ball in this respect.

2. Be aware that your son make use the phone more as he does not have to top up or that shool mates may use it for call, aslo what happens if its stolen and someone makes call.

Hands0n
25th August 2006, 09:57 PM
The V3 software is pretty much stable by these days - no glaring omissions. The only funny seems to be that they turned off the Video Camera Recording function in software on some V3s. This can easily be turned back on by yer average phone unlocker, it requires a bit of sofware to do it - and if you're not that way inclined I'd leave it to someone who can. That seems to be the only quirk.