View Full Version : Are we all Chavs?

3g-g
18th April 2005, 05:32 PM
Now maybe I'm missing something, but do all the operators think this is what the majority of people want? Heading down the same lines as 3's top shelf and Orange offering Italian babes on the front page of Orange World are Virgin.

Virgin Mobile is to start selling pictures of male and female dancers from London nightclub Stringfellows.

The 'Hunks' and 'Angels' have posed for two types of photo: one called 'fun', which has a no-nipple policy, and one for "more adult" viewers.

Virgin Mobile subscribers can download the images to their mobile phone, after a credit check to confirm the user's age.

"This partnership means that anyone can enjoy the Stringfellows experience, anytime, anyplace, anywhere," said Peter Stringfellow.

"A mobile phone gives them privacy and the more comfortable people feel, particularly women, the more they enjoy it.

"I offer people the opportunity to come into my club, visit my website or enjoy the Stringfellows experience from the palm of their hand."

The plan is to offer a variety of pictures on Virgin Mobile's Bites entertainment service from 25 April. Pictures cost £2 each, not including download charges.

John Conlon, marketing manager for the Bites service, said: "Historically, adult entertainment has been the unsung accelerator for every major new communication technology from Polaroid to cable television to the internet, and we expect this service to be popular among our fun-loving audience.

"It will bring to life the ever growing volume of colour-enabled feature-rich phones, and top priority is being given to safety, security and protection with our robust age verification service."

This is not the first time Virgin Mobile has entered the adult market. In 2002 it signed a deal with Playboy magazine for mobile content.

Ben
18th April 2005, 05:40 PM
Jesus christ! Anyone want to join me in launching a mobile phone servic for adults? We seem to be the forgotten majority! "No-nipple" policy, lmaoo!!

Desperate, desperate, desperate.

delinquentwoody
18th April 2005, 09:06 PM
I agree - we need better, grown up content!! I really hate the way that 3s content is aimed at 11 to 17 year old chavs. I think there's definitely a gap in the market for an operator to offer some more cultured content. A bit like The Times/Guardian compared to The Sport/Sun etc.