View Full Version : Carphone Warehouse.....Madness???

lc2407
25th August 2006, 09:02 PM
Well I signed up last weekend for a LG u400 with 3 in the CPW store, they were really helpful, and I got 5 months half price line rental on a 12 months contract, which I was pretty happy with, til I went online! The same phone and contract had 5 months free line rental on CPW website. I rang the store yesterday ( about 7 attempts before someone answered the phone!) The salesperson went to speak to the manager and said I could either go in and they would change it over or I could ring their helpdesk and they would sort it.
I went in today taking everything with me..........they couldn't do anything except cancel the original contract, take the phone back and send me home to order online! No skin off my nose....but how stupid...:confused: They are now left with a phone which is second hand and a lost customer....who the heck makes these silly rules??? He never checked to see if everything was there, I've come home and found the blooming installation disc....whoops! Shame I didn't "accidentally" take out the memory card.....never mind!

Rant over......sorry just needed to get this off my chest!!

Hands0n
25th August 2006, 09:55 PM
Rules is rules :D This is getting more common by the day. It seems that common sense has flown out of the window along with the ethic of not allowing a customer to leave the shop without them buying something! Arkwright could teach them all a thing or two - anyone see the "Frats" sketch. Blooming marvelous!