View Full Version : N93 or P990i

Alio
26th August 2006, 11:49 PM
Ok people which would you choose and why.......

These are the two phones i'm looking at - "n93 & P990i" but cant decide which one, so i'm looking for some help/guidence........"about the phones that is"

I'm currently steering towards the P990! at the moment........but that's only because it's going to be available on Orange pretty soon, and could get it on a free upgrade probably! However I'm not that bothered if I have to move networks to get the n93 some where else either!

Thoughts!

Hands0n
27th August 2006, 12:19 AM
Blimey! These are two behemoths to be sure.

The N93 (http://www.shopforphones.info/nokia-n93.htm) and the P990i (http://www.shopforphones.info/sony-ericsson-p990i.htm) (links for reference only, not as any recommendation) seem to be catering for somewhat different things, with a lot in common too. I guess it is all down to what you are after and how the individual handsets cater for your specifc needs.

As an all rounder I think that the P990i has the edge as a more multi-purpose handset. The N93, on the other hand, is more steered towards multimedia and entertainment device, quote "an advanced digital camcorder, high resolution camera, multimedia player, games machine".

I would go for the P990i due to its SE heritage and broad functionality coupled with its [albeit lower resolution] camera and (anticipated) SE-brand audio quality of the media player. SE know about these things and build to a very high quality and standard.

From my experience of Nokia, even their high end product can leave you wanting in the optics and audio quality. They just don't seem to make it [in my eyes] when in direct comparison with SE for these two aspects at least.

My tuppenceworth.

Alio
27th August 2006, 12:50 AM
( HandsOn ) I guess it is all down to what you are after and how the individual handsets cater for your specifc needs.

As an all rounder I think that the P990i has the edge as a more multi-purpose handset. The N93, on the other hand, is more steered towards multimedia and entertainment device, quote "an advanced digital camcorder, high resolution camera, multimedia player, games machine".

I would go for the P990i due to its SE heritage and broad functionality coupled with its [albeit lower resolution] camera and (anticipated) SE-brand audio quality of the media player. SE know about these things and build to a very high quality and standard.

I want it all.......which is the problem! :)

However the P990i does appear to be a good all rounder (broad functionality).........and I can see that the n93 will no doubt have a fair few software bugs/issues to begin with.

Shame the P990i doesn't quite match up to the n93 with regards to the multimedia spec side of things.

Steering towards the P990i - 60% - 40% at the moment.

Thanks, HandsOn ;)

Ben
27th August 2006, 03:01 AM
The P910i is still a much loved device. It must have it's fans for a reason, though I personally can't identify with them! The P990i will serve you well though I'm sure, provided that the delay to market doesn't mean it's plagued with software bugs like the Z1010 is/was.

Alio
27th August 2006, 02:32 PM
I have always been a Nokia fan.........then got a SE z1010, still have it.......cant say I have had any problems with it i,e. (plagued with software bugs). Must of been one of the lucky ones i guess!