View Full Version : Help!!

punk123
27th August 2006, 03:07 PM
hello i just brought the new LGU400 and i cant upload music fomr my computer to my phone as i am thick and dont know how :confused: so can any1 help me and tell me how 2 do it please :D amyx

Ben
27th August 2006, 03:59 PM
Hi,

Welcome to Talk3G! Did the phone come with a USB cable so you can plug it into your computer? That's normally the easiest way.

Hands0n
27th August 2006, 04:22 PM
@punk123 - I am not entirely familiar with your specific handset but .... generally the method of adapting your phone to your PC is fairly standard.

Firstly as Ben says locate the USB cable that should have come with the phone, also locate the CD that should be in the packaging also which will have the software to link the PC to the phone. It'll probably be called something like "LG Phone Manager", "LG Sync Manager" or LG Desktop" (or all three!).

DO NOT PLUG YOUR PHONE INTO THE PC YET :eek: Some rather bad things can happen if you do which will require the services of a PC expert if you are not very confident with them!

Pop the CD into the PC and after a while you should get a welcome screen and a set of options, one of which will be to install the Phone Manager software. Click on that one - and normally you will be guided through what to do, just follow the instructions as they are given to you.

Sorry I can't be more specific - but the installation routines are getting more generic to take much of the hassle away from the user.

But please do make sure that you DO NOT PLUG YOUR PHONE INTO THE PC YET before you are prompted to by the software. I stress that as it can cause all sorts of subsequent installation difficulties and is, generally, one of the most common installation faults to occur with USB devices.

Hope this helps.