View Full Version : Sending mms... help pleeeaaase???

Aimee
28th August 2006, 12:06 AM
I used to own a Samsung Z500 on O2, until a couple of months ago when I bought the Nokia 6280, and gave the Samsung to my dad. When the phone belonged to me I could send picture messages fine. However, my new phone broke recently so my dad let me borrow his.. I tried sending a picture message from it today and no matter how many times I try it wont send. He's on O2 aswell, I don't know if network makes a difference of not... I'm not in an area which picks up 3G services so I thought this may have something to do with it. I changed the settings on the phone and turned the 3G off yet it still wont send. If anyone could offer any advice at all as to how I can get it to send a picture message I would be extremely grateful!! Thankyou!!! :D

Ben
28th August 2006, 12:08 AM
Hi Aimee! Welcome to Talk3G!

Do you know if your dad was able to send MMS messages when he was using the phone, after you gave it to him? I take it you were able to MMS fine from the 6280 with your SIM?

3g-g
28th August 2006, 12:48 AM
Hiya Aimee,

Have you tried getting yourself over to here (http://uk.samsungmobile.com/wcms/support/configurephone/index.jsp) and having the MMS settings sent to your handset again, just to make sure you've the latest and correct ones in there? As far as being in a 3G / 2G service area it won't make any difference as to your ability to send MMS or not, it's a feature supported by both network types.

Try getting the settings into the Samsung again and see how you get on, at least this way you can rule out a missing service centre number or APN etc.

Let us know how you get on! :)

G.

Alio
28th August 2006, 12:52 AM
Hmmmmm, strange........ could it be something to do with the tariff data/package your dad has got with o2.......I'm not 100% sure and may be way off the mark here, but don't o2 do bolt on data packages for MMS separately........so if your dad hasn't got this data facility activated, then perhaps this is why the phone cant send MMS?

And for my second guess.......perhaps the settings on the phone for MMS are not correct!

Come on people help this lass out......she's from my neck of the woods! :)

Aimee
28th August 2006, 01:47 AM
wow.. well i certainly wasn't expecting to get a reply tonight.. thanks all three of you!! :) Ive done that thing on that website.. (haha don't i sound intelligent!!) and am waiting for a message through.. so i'll post what happens.. thanks again! :D

Aimee
28th August 2006, 01:56 AM
oooh and i meant to say.. dad hasn't used it to send any pictures.. and i haven't used the sim card i used in that phone in any other phone. So i don't know whether it is the phone or the sim.. as for the service center number or APN or whatever.. i'm completely lost lol..

Ben
28th August 2006, 02:07 AM
If the SIM hasn't been used for MMS before it's possible a quick call to customer services will be in order to provision MMS on the account. We should have a better idea once you've received and installed the settings, but if they don't come then equally customer services should be able to issue those at the same time.

Aimee
28th August 2006, 02:13 AM
okey doke, thankyooouuu! Well i haven't been sent the settings yet, so i guess customer services is the way forward!! My 6280 should be fixed by the end of the next week so i think i may wait for that one back and send the photos i have from dad's phone to mine via bluetooth then send them from there. Then dad can deal with the whole customer services thing if he wants to send photos i guess. thanks again for all the help. very friendly bunch of people!! :o

Alio
29th August 2006, 12:08 AM
Hope you get it all sorted!

Bluetoothing the photos over would be your best option for now........god those photos sound important! :) ........or something you dont wish to leave on your dad's phone :eek:

Aimee
29th August 2006, 03:25 AM
haha!!.. I don't know what you're on about!! :p