View Full Version : T-Mobile launches 3.6 Mbps HSDPA

3GScottishUser
31st August 2006, 11:04 AM
From msnmobiles.com (30/08/2006):

Some people say that by 2012 the HSDPA networks will offer more than 20 Mbps! While all HSDPA products offer nowadays 1.8 Mbps, it looks like T-Mobile is jumping ahead and offering faster speeds already now!

T-Mobile International and Sony VAIO Europe to cooperate in European key markets

The first joint product proposition will feature HSDPA Express Card at 3.6Mbps and one special web’n’walk package for high-speed Internet access

Offer due in Germany, Austria and the UK

T-Mobile and Sony VAIO have agreed on close cooperation in selected European countries. The aim is to launch joint offers for fastest mobile Internet connections by laptop. The first offers to be made by the two partners will be Sony VAIO laptops featuring the latest mobile Internet HSDPA technology for surfing and file downloading at up to 3.6 megabits per second. The product will feature Express Card interface, ensuring the lowest battery consumption, therefore raising the convenience of the product to the highest level.

Web’n’walk, the highspeed internet access by T-Mobile, enables by the second expansion phase of HSDPA technology (HSDPA, Highspeed Downlink Packet Access), to double the maximum HSDPA data-transmission rate from currently 1.8 megabits per second to 3.6 megabits per second. The Sony VAIO and T-Mobile propositions will feature this second HSDPA generation, enabling to the customer the most effective business on the move.

http://msmobiles.com/o/news/00324.html

miffed
31st August 2006, 03:01 PM
this is all very well - but ATM I am using my T-mobile W&W sim in my shiney new SPV m3100 (3G with hsdpa enabled)

I'd guess that average data speed would be less than 9.6kbps :( certainly no faster - (feels about 10 x slower than Dial up )

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Ben
31st August 2006, 03:20 PM
I'm guessing you're not in a HSDPA area miffed? That's definitely not right, anyway.

WRT the Vaio and T-Mobile proposition, absolutely mouthwatering! I really want a Mac with integrated HSDPA, but if Sony make a new T ultraportable with integrated Web n Walk at those speeds it will be hard to resist...

miffed
31st August 2006, 03:35 PM
No - but my point is , if this T-mobile "regime" is supplying me with
Upwards of 10kbps one would hope !! :D

All that glitters etc ............ :confused: