View Full Version : Can it be unlocked?

maven
18th April 2005, 07:33 PM
As the title asks - is it unlockable?

Jon3G
18th April 2005, 07:35 PM
I was given an unlock from my network (voda)

T-mobile do it I think.

However if you go to www.unlockme.co.uk they say it cant be done- or they have not got the skills to do it

maven
18th April 2005, 07:36 PM
Oh cheers - has anyone metioned a price yet? I'm getting it on 3 soon but want to use it mainly with my T-Mobile 2G SIM.

Ben
18th April 2005, 07:48 PM
Three charge ~£115 to unlock their handsets if I remember correctly. As far as I am aware, the phone cannot be unlocked by your usual 'unlockers' at the present time.

Three also tend to change the software on their phones a *lot*. This often makes it hard to use the handset on another network without having the phone flashed.

Put it like this - it probably can be done, but it's certainly not going to be your standard GSM-handset-unlock!

Jon3G
19th April 2005, 12:19 AM
Three charge ~£115 to unlock their handsets if I remember correctly. As far as I am aware, the phone cannot be unlocked by your usual 'unlockers' at the present time.

Three also tend to change the software on their phones a *lot*. This often makes it hard to use the handset on another network without having the phone flashed.

Put it like this - it probably can be done, but it's certainly not going to be your standard GSM-handset-unlock!

115 is that a mis - type. that is bloody expensive.

If you are going to get the handset for T - Mobile mainly then get it on T - Mobile and have it unlocked. Its around 15 to get it unlocked then use it on 3

Ben
19th April 2005, 12:26 AM
No, it's not a typo! :( But meh, Orange are expensive too I think - it's just the way of the world. You buy a handset with subsidty, you pay!

3g-g
19th April 2005, 01:17 AM
£20 for the unlock code from Orange I believe... at any point in the contract as well if I recall correctly! They used to make you pay up what you had left on your contract (line rental wise) before they gave you the code.

Could be wrong though, haven't done it recently. Maybe someone could let us know?

Jon3G
19th April 2005, 09:30 AM
Just contacted Orange and they say 20 to unlock a phone. However they said they could not do the 6630