View Full Version : Nokia NYC Store

teclo
6th September 2006, 09:33 AM
Engadget has some sneak pictures of the new Nokia store which opens in New York this week. After looking at the pics it kind of puts the Carphone Warehouse et all to shame.

Nokia NYC Flagship store preview (http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/09/05/nokia-nyc-flagship-store-preview/)

Ben
6th September 2006, 11:25 AM
Wow, what a stunner! We definitely need a few of those over here. I'm glad it's in NYC though, American's have an irrational love of Motorola and fear of the Finnish, so perhaps this'll start shifting perception.

whatleydude
6th September 2006, 12:02 PM
^
|
|

Is going to NYC in November.

Heheeheh..

*rubs hands together with glee*

teclo
6th September 2006, 12:28 PM
American's have an irrational love of Motorola and fear of the Finnish

What is it with that? Any moto phone I have used recently has just sucked. The Razr was just style over substance.

Did anyone ever go to the old Nokia Boutique shops when they were opened here, they were run by a third party company. An ofshoot of o2, can't remember the name now.

Hands0n
6th September 2006, 03:15 PM
What is it with that? Any moto phone I have used recently has just sucked. The Razr was just style over substance.

It is pure and simple Patriotism (the big P is important). Those guys will eschew anything that is not homegrown in favour of anything that is - regardless if theirs is the lesser. We used to have a "Buy British" campaign over here, until it became illegal :D

maxspank
6th September 2006, 09:25 PM
All stores should be like that. Nice simple, yet futuristic design, very nice. I like the idea of the screens displaying the info when you pick the handset up, not good for the germ-ophobes though :D

Hands0n
6th September 2006, 09:38 PM
Yup, there's a floor just for the Vertu. They are just right next door to Yves Saint Laurent...

Is this anything to do with you Ben? A whole floor for the Vertu? Very Britishly expressive methinks :D The Shermans will love that :D :D