View Full Version : Internet Explorer 7

3GScottishUser
7th September 2006, 09:56 PM
I have just installed the Release Version of IE 7 and its really cool.

There are quite a few improvements and its much less cluttered than IE 6.

You have to go through the Windows Genuine Advantage procedure to get it but its well worth downloading and trying as it neat and more user friendly and has tabbed browsing and enhanced security.

I like it.... what does everyone else think?

Ben
7th September 2006, 10:54 PM
Hate it. It quite genuinely annoys the hell out of me. I'd use Firefox but the fingerprint reader on my Microsoft keyboard requires Internet Explorer. I downgraded back to IE6.

I use Camino on my Mac, it's a lightweight OS X browser by Mozilla (who also provide an OS X version of the much more advanced Firefox), and it's fair to say that I've been well and truly spoilt :(

Hands0n
8th September 2006, 12:06 AM
I've gone over to Firefox and only use IE for those rare occasions where the website designer has "optimised" (for that read "locked in") to that specific browser. So much for Open Standards...

Ben
8th September 2006, 12:27 AM
I can't stand it when clever little idiots add code to their websites that prevents browsers other than IE using them. O2 do it I've noticed, I randomly get thrown errors on there when I'm not using IE. Seriously, unnecessary and just plain dumb.