View Full Version : nokia vs samsung

whitewabbit2001
12th September 2006, 10:03 AM
hi newbie here, i have a 3220 due to my 6230i being stolen in greece, i am stuck with which fone to get for my bday. do i get a 6111 or samsung D500??
please give me ur honest views,
cheers

3g-g
12th September 2006, 10:43 AM
Hi whitewabbit2001, welcome to Talk3G! :)

I've popped your question down into the other tehnology section as it's not strictly 3G related, you're a newbie not to worry! ;)

They're both good handsets, however, I'd probaly choose the D500 myself due to it's bigger internal memory, allowing you more photos, ringtones and the like. Neither of them have expandable memory slots which is a bit of a bummer.

If you're wanting to stick to Nokia and Samsung I'd maybe suggest the Nokia 6280 (http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,76555,00.html) which a few members on here have, it seems to be well liked. It's 3G, has a much better camera, MP3 support and expandable memory, so you could carry around hours of music, photos and video. You're only limited by how big a memory card you can afford!

If you're wanting to go Samsung, perhaps the Z500 (http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/mobilephones/mobilephones/sgh_z500bkaxee.asp) is more to your taste? Again, a 3G mobile, not as good a camera as the Nokia, built in music player and a slot for expandable memory, limiting you to how much memory you can afford for it!

Let us know what you choose, I'm sure some of the other guys and gals will come along to add some more suggestions!

G

Hands0n
12th September 2006, 01:33 PM
If you look at the D500 on The Link's website you may still be able to their their marvelous offer of the D500 plus the Samsung Photo Printer for the princely sum of £129.99 - the printer alone is worth around £60, so that is a marvelous offer.

I'd go for the D500 myself also, it is a very well established bug-free handset that does precisely what it says on the tin :D which is a bit of a change these days.

The Z500 can be had on vodafone for around £130 on PAYG, completely free on contract (but then so can a lot of others on contract!).