View Full Version : New Mobmates PAYG

3GScottishUser
18th September 2006, 07:06 PM
www.mobmates.co.uk is a new PAYG varient that Orange have launched.

You get 2p a minute calls and texts as long as you top-up by £10 a month. However, you can only get these 2p/min calls to other members on the Mob Mates plan - so you get the chance to invite them.

Orange will send you and your mates a sim card to take advantage of this plan.

Similar to T-Mobile's 'Mates Rates' but X/Net calls are 40p/min.

Good deal if all your firnds and family are Orange users or you can talk them into becoming one!

Ben
18th September 2006, 07:27 PM
Pretty cool, I miss on-net stuff like this. Good for O.

crowfield99
19th September 2006, 06:23 PM
Is it me though or are Orange going backwards and not forwards? This is very much like the idea they used to have (Cant remember the names now) but for £19.99 a year you used to get 5 free texts a day and 2 reserve calls if your credit runs out.

I'd rather have the 300 Free Texts for £10 top-up than this...

solo12002
19th September 2006, 07:57 PM
I agree.

The only way to get vaule out of this plan is to call no one but an orange mobile user.

Im shocked at the cost of xnet calls of 40p. I still think t-mobile PAYG offer beats it over all.

crowfield99
19th September 2006, 09:12 PM
I agree.

The only way to get vaule out of this plan is to call no one but an orange mobile user.

Im shocked at the cost of xnet calls of 40p. I still think t-mobile PAYG offer beats it over all.

Yeah i was going to say I would rather be on T-Mobile. I guess if all your friends are on Orange then fine. But these days with the market being as big as it is, so much choice!! I've got friends on every network...

Hands0n
19th September 2006, 09:26 PM
T-Mobile's Everyone PAYG has to be the one to beat at the moment! Mobmates? Fine if you're all on the same net - but xnet is scary!!

etccarmageddon
20th September 2006, 02:08 PM
I agree.

The only way to get vaule out of this plan is to call no one but an orange mobile user...erm actually calling orange users is also dear - you only get the low call charges if you call another orange user who has also has an orange 'mates' sim.