View Full Version : I need a bit of Help re: SPV m3100

Stoo1701
21st September 2006, 02:40 PM
Hi Gang, great forum you have here :)

We have recently upgraded 3 business phones with orange. The numbers end in 016, 017 and 018.

017 Made more call and so was entitled to a better upgrade than the other two.

I am 016. But I wanted the m3100, the other two are Samsung D900s.

Because I wasnt entitled to the mega upgrade on my phone, we arranged to order as above, and either get orange to swap the numbers on 016 and 017, or just swap the Sim's when the phones arrived.

Hereth lies the rub. Orange have said that while we can swap sims (but they dont encourage it..) the m3100 is 3g, and will not have access to the full range of services. A bit of searching has informed me the the m3100 takes a Usim, and the D900's normal Sim's.

Is there any way around this? I believe that for the most part the sims are compatible, but I dont want to lose too many services. Could'nt give a monkeys knackers about Video calling, but wha else would I miss? and cAN i GET AROUND IT SOMEHOW?
Any help would be gratefully received !!

miffed
21st September 2006, 04:19 PM
All you would be missing out on is Video calling and 3G data (up to 384kbps - or 1.8mbps when HSDPA becomes available )

they *should* enable 3G on the sims for you at your request ( I know they did for me a year or so ago )
If I were you , I tell them , in no uncertain terms , that if 3G is cannot enabled on your existing sims ,or that new 3G replacement sims cannot be sent , then that you would like PAC's to take all three numbers to T-mobile , Orange are well aware that the pricing and Tarrifs offered by T-mobile for these devices are miles better than anything they can offer !

Stoo1701
21st September 2006, 04:37 PM
Cheers, I will give that a go tomorrow if I get time, and let you know what happened ! May thanks for you reply :)

3g-g
21st September 2006, 05:02 PM
If they won't enable 3G, which by the sounds of it you'd only make use of the higher data speeds?, then suggest to Orange that O2 and Vodafone's business customer services are more than happy to take your business should Orange not want to meet the simple request of enabling 3G for you, it's more money to them in the long run of you decide to start using more services!

Stoo1701
22nd September 2006, 12:17 PM
Hi and thanks for your response, I will speak to orange, (to damn busy in work at the mo'!) and post back on what they say. It was threats to 'defect' to 02 & T-mob that prompted retentions to give us these 3 phones for free, but if they think that lets them off the hook with other obligations they have another thing coming! Will report back when I know more,

Cheers again guys... :)