View Full Version : Three's new International call add on

a_ukboy
26th September 2006, 10:08 AM
Three now offer a new add on for free (Max 3000 mins per month) International call to 23 countries at £15 per month, available to contract and pay as you go customers...

http://www.three.co.uk/callingandmessaging/intsaver.omp

3GScottishUser
26th September 2006, 10:42 AM
Saw that offer which might be quite useful for some who make a lot of International calls.

Do you think we will shortly be seeing 3 advertising in Polish in the UK...... over 600K potential customers who could make use of that deal!

a_ukboy
26th September 2006, 11:00 AM
Yep, could be a real winner for people working here from abroad, if you use all the 3000 mins then it only costs 0.005p per min....

getti
26th September 2006, 11:02 AM
I think that international add-on is really good value if you have family and friends abroad.

My uncle used to live in Belgium before he unfortunatly died a few months back but we still chat to his partner who lives over there.

Maybe we could see a different version though where you pay a small fee and get free calls FROM abroad TO the UK for people that travel a lot?

3GScottishUser
26th September 2006, 11:52 AM
In time honoured tradition, its not the phone owner paying the £15 for the International option that'll make 3 much revenue, its the inbound revenues paid by those who might call the handset from abroad.

The theory is similar to the one which has been in place for UK callers with much higher termination rates on 3 than other networks. That is about to change so its no surprise that 3 have cast the net outwith the UK to attarct some additinal revenue prospects.

That said, a good deal for anyone who makes calls in sufficient volume to those countries on the list.

Hands0n
26th September 2006, 06:14 PM
I'm impressed, it is a good offer for anyone who has F&F in the countries covered. They must be using a 3rd party for this, I cannot believe they've gone and done this in-house. I'm betting on it being one of the very many VoIP long-haul firms. That £15 for 3000 mins equates to £0.005 (half a new pence), which just happens to be their over-spill rate also. Some trading on folk not reaching their allowance, and if they do then charging for it. Its a win/win for them either way.

3GScottishUser
26th September 2006, 07:36 PM
It will attract a niche customer, but hardly a 'killer' deal for most mobile buyers.

Agreed - good deal if you need the product, but then again a bargain ain't a bargain when you don't need it!