View Full Version : Photo Submissions for October 2006

Ben
2nd October 2006, 11:24 PM
Here's how it works!
Post one photo taken from your phone, as an attachment, on this thread.
At the end of each month, a new thread will be made allowing you to vote for your winner!

Notes:
1) Your post and attached image will not show up straight away - we check each entry first.
2) You can only enter one picture each month.
3) All pictures must be taken with a 3G phone during the month of October 2006 - you can state which phone you used if you wish, but technical quality is unimportant. As such, reducing the size of your photo is fine provided no 'photoshopping' is performed. Infact, with mobile phone cameras generating increasingly large files you are encouraged to slightly reduce the dimensions of your snaps and Windows users can do this using Stretch/Skew in Microsoft Paint.
4) The winners poll will now be a public vote - you can't vote for yourself!

Good luck, enjoy it!
Ben

Drea
5th October 2006, 10:17 PM
I will start us off this month!
Taken on the N80 driving along a country road back from kent. (i wasnt driving thou dont worry).

Hands0n
5th October 2006, 10:24 PM
The moggy keeps featuring, but this time he's got his little friend with him. They really are close friends. Well, considering the position, they'd have to be :D

Yssybyl
9th October 2006, 01:08 PM
With this months' grey tabby cat picture already taken, thought I'd go for something a little less open to competition (unlike last months...) Just don't ask how or where I acquired this :P N70, auto settings and in a very dimly lit hallway... I've compromised my artistic integrity and gone for comedy value this month (that and the fact that I'm rubbish at taking pictures :) )

(it's a prop, honest :) )

Hands0n
9th October 2006, 01:32 PM
With this months' grey tabby cat picture already taken ...................

Sorry ;) Thats the last time I use the old fella for a cheap shot like that (until the next time). Consider the "grey tabby cat" arena open to you for a good while :D

Really - if thats the best that Nokia can do with their current optics I'm going to have to go back to entering pix taken with the SE W900i. An altogether different proposition in the camera stakes - but then fathers of the Cybershot must be expected to have superior optics.

Yssybyl
9th October 2006, 01:53 PM
it is a bit poor on quality isn't it. I rarely have occaision to use it for dim light pictures, but it looks okay on the phone screen, which is the main thing :)

teclo
9th October 2006, 02:04 PM
I'm not sure how the other manufacturers are at handling low light levels, but the Nokia is quite poor. Lots of noise and interefence, I have some pics from last month that were taken in low light towards a building drenched in light and the low light portions are frankly poor.

My old Samsung D500 was actually quite good for low light work.

Frasman77
11th October 2006, 10:42 PM
Another low light shot, taken on my n73. It's the new bridge over the Clyde, dubbed the 'squinty bridge' by the locals on account of the fact that it crosses the river at an angle.

timothythetim
12th October 2006, 11:16 PM
Another one from my European travels (being a student is tough).
This time, Wroclaw, Poland from the top of a big tower in the city.
The only reason I was in Poland was because the flights were 48p return.

teclo
15th October 2006, 02:40 AM
2:30am, its cold, its misty, I'm a bit drunk and I thought this looked quit cool.

Nokia n70 set to night mode.

teclo
15th October 2006, 02:56 AM
What did you do to the pic? It looks a bit odd, like a cartoon mode or something...

Anyway, I drive past that everyday, it is a nice looking bridge upclose, looks sculpted in a way.

I'm annoyed they removed the roundabout at the bridge by the exhibition centre. *grumbles* Stupid traffic lights, breaking the flow of the traffic.

Another low light shot, taken on my n73. It's the new bridge over the Clyde, dubbed the 'squinty bridge' by the locals on account of the fact that it crosses the river at an angle.

Frasman77
15th October 2006, 10:12 AM
It does look like I've applied some effects in photoshop - there's one that reduced the colour pallette slightly to make it look like it's been painted in oils or something - but I didn't - honest. I assume it's a product of the n72 struggling with the low light levels. I think shots like this demonstrate the difference between the n73's camera and a dedicated 3.2 mp camera that I'm fairly sure could produce a better shot.

I agree about the traffic flow - U-turns on Finnieston street are becoming mandatory. Still, it keeps the traffic flowing on lancefield quay past my windows down to a minimum...

whatleydude
16th October 2006, 11:19 AM
Ok - my go..

Went to a party and my friend Steph was there - I haven't seen her for AGES and I knew she wanted to get a certain tattoo done - well..

Turns out - she'd had it done..

WOW.

Taken on an N73...
(cant remember what setting)

Jonboy582
19th October 2006, 05:35 PM
This was taken with my k800i in low light (good job it hasa flash)

It's something weird I saw growing in my girlfriends garden and looked pretty cool.

Only adjustments are reducing it from 2048 pixels wide to 1000.

Ben
19th October 2006, 11:45 PM
It's something weird I saw growing in my girlfriends garden and looked pretty cool.
Is anyone else scared?

Hands0n
20th October 2006, 01:02 AM
Thats a Tryffid if ever I saw one. Be afraid, be very afraid!!

Ben
30th October 2006, 08:16 PM
This hallowe'en, I will be mostly wearing Gandalf.

(Nokia N80, reduced to 50%)

3g-g
30th October 2006, 09:14 PM
On the 6680, this is Shibuya, the clothes shopping district in Tokyo. Where I took this is the busiest cross walk in the world, yet the traffic still flows and no-one seems to get knocked down! I don't think any street lighting is needed in Tokyo due to the sheer abundance of ambient light from every advert and office! Oh, and the big advertising screens have sound as well, so one side of the street has one advert on, you get to the other and there's something different, amazing place, completely amazing!