View Full Version : Three doubles data allowance!

a_ukboy
4th October 2006, 07:29 PM
Got this text from Three today:

From 3: Good News, 3 now offers full internet access powered by Yahoo. And your monthly web allowence has doubled from 15MB to 30MB per month at no extra cost.

Well i'm on Mobile Websites 15 at £5 per month, so now i have 30MB for a fiver, not bad..

Ben
4th October 2006, 08:46 PM
Not too shabby at all. It's not quite Web n Walk though, is it! :(

Thanks for sharing.

getti
4th October 2006, 09:34 PM
Remember that not long ago people (includiny myself) so getting 30mb of full internet browsing for free is pretty good.

I managed to get the 512mb one on my account and dont know how i could live without it now. Simple things like today i was at work with a sim free N73 and i had my websites POP3 settings stored. I got 2 importaint emails from Samsung about doing a review and because i had them come straight through to me i was able to read and reply whilst being away from my computer.

I used to pay £15 a month for Wireless Web 56 which was good but free is always beter of course.

Now i can check/send emails, instant message, use RSS feeds and so on all for free..... plus there is using my phone as a modem for my MacBook (Soon to be Pro). Never thought i would see the day!

Hands0n
4th October 2006, 10:07 PM
The only thing that has stopped all of that happening for very many people has simply been the mobile network operator's Data Tariffs which has been punitively high.

As the tariffs begin to reach something like acceptable levels we can truly expect and anticipate very many more users like yourself maximising the potential to their various devices. Much more is possible if only the MNOs will go the whole hog and make Data as ubiquitously affordable as Voice - and there is no good reason on this planet why they should not do this.

I'm being a tad naughty by using my basic T-Mobile WNW via my PDA and very occasionally the laptop. I want to take WNW Pro but at the moment, and whithin my initial six months, they won't let me change (even if it means them getting more money, rules is rules y'know!!).

getti
4th October 2006, 10:49 PM
Im waiting til xmas when HSDPA comes out on 3 when i will upgrade again. Should see some serious data offers then although if i get to keep my free 512mb i will be more than happy.

Infact the Moto Razr V3xx is in the new 3 guide as coming soon which is a HSDPA phone so it should not be long now.