View Full Version : Sony Ericsson W8l0i

blue
10th October 2006, 02:23 PM
Has any one got this phone, it so what do you think about it and whats the batterie life like.
I got the Z6l0i which was supposed to be the same batterie as the 850 and I was for ever charging it so I am sending it back.:(

joffa81
18th October 2006, 12:23 PM
i have just recieved my w850i (precious black not white) first impressions are that the screen lens on the housing looks very frigile but the screen is nice and clear. as for battery life ill let you know as soon as its charged and runs out.

joffa81
20th October 2006, 02:31 PM
had the phone on for 2 full days with moderate use (includes using the walkman fetures and phone calls ect) after the first initial charge and is only down to just over half so by the way its going i feel that i mmight get 3 good days out of it possibly 4 if you went easy on the walkman feture. well impressed with the battery as my old motorola v3x would only last a day or 2 if i was lucky.

blue
20th October 2006, 06:36 PM
Its a pity 3 didn't do it in white:( I know vodephone do but I don't want to go with them.

Hands0n
21st October 2006, 01:04 AM
You actually want to go with 3 instead of Vodafone???????!!!!! *blinks* :D

joffa81
21st October 2006, 03:22 AM

speaking of three i was very suprised how intact the sony ericsson original software is on the w850i they ship. apart from the three wallpapers and screensavers there is not much else different from the review software ive seen about there even is no triangle button on the handset you just press the select button on the right next to the screen.

i first played with the handset in the local vodafone shop and the software was pretty standard vodafone layout so was expecting the three version to be the same but i was plesently suprised. three even left the track id feature on the phone which people on orange have not got according to some people ive spoke to.
i hope three continue to keep their software branding to a minimum with future handsets that are released as this will keep handsets pretty close to what the features are when the handsets are announced.

Hands0n
21st October 2006, 09:04 AM
That is excellent information :) Three are known to brand quite heavily. Lets hope this is a future trend for 3 and the other mobile operators.

The manufacturers must get pretty fed up with their handsets being effectively crippled by the various brandings. While [at this time] reliant upon the mobile operators for the endpoint sale of handsets, there are beginnings of the manufacturers selling directly and hence completely brand free.

Orange branding appears to be the most intrusive of the bunch. They certainly did not do the Nokia 6680 any favours.

blue
22nd October 2006, 11:48 AM

If any other network was has cheap has them then I'd go with them.

Ben
22nd October 2006, 04:14 PM
I'm pretty confident that you could get an equally good deal elsewhere... do you know exactly how many minutes/texts you need?

Hands0n
22nd October 2006, 04:27 PM
If any other network was has cheap has them then I'd go with them.

Of course, cost is a significant influence, but I would add that you often get only what you pay for.

It really all depends on what you are after in terms of package of texts/minutes/etc.... 3 is not always as cheap as they make themselves out to be. That is not to say that theirs is not a good network (the CS is awful though) and with a good selection of handsets. But their proposition does not always meet the expectation set by their marketing.

Have you compared for instance with T-Mobile Flext which set a new mark to be met? For example, the SE W810i is free on Flext35 (http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menuid=ctl_choose_additional_services&mode=unknown&allowanceSelectionID1=unselected&allowanceSelectionID2=unselected&showIncompatible=&addToBasket.x=96&addToBasket.y=12) at £30 a month. That gets you £180 a month allowance to spend on voice, text or mms as you wish. You may get a better offer from a T-Mobile franchise dealer, or a regular high street dealer.

The UK market is saturated - there are a lot of great deals to be had behind the headline offers, but you have to press for these and be prepared to walk away if you don't get what you want :D

blue
22nd October 2006, 06:05 PM
I'm pretty confident that you could get an equally good deal elsewhere... do you know exactly how many minutes/texts you need?

500 talk mins and 100 texts a months for about £26.00 amonth

Hands0n
22nd October 2006, 06:50 PM
T-Mobile Flext35 at £30 a month (£4 extra) gets you 900 mins or 1800 texts or 900 MMS or any mix within the £180 allowance. So, lets say 500 mins is your max, that still leaves you with £80 allowance to play with which is 800 texts etc ... Once you get your head around Flext nothing else makes much sense :D

blue
23rd October 2006, 08:52 AM
Its a pity T mobile are on 18 month contracts but I'll have a look at them anyway.

Hands0n
23rd October 2006, 06:15 PM
They still do 12 month contracts ...... last I looked ...... I'm sure Flext is availabel on those ....but dont hold me to that!! Things moving too quickly at the moment to get a positive lock sometimes :)

E616Vboy123
24th October 2006, 12:34 PM
They still do 12 month contracts ...... last I looked ...... I'm sure Flext is availabel on those ....but dont hold me to that!! Things moving too quickly at the moment to get a positive lock sometimes :)

Flext are 18 month Contracts AFAIK

frdsmth9
9th July 2009, 05:19 AM
It is a high-quality tri-band phone that can work with most of the operators all over the world. It supports UMTS 2100, and the tri-band GPRS frequencies of 900/1800/1900. It is a performing Walkman phone (“W”) and sports a 2 mega pixel camera.