View Full Version : New contract question

Alio
10th October 2006, 07:57 PM
Hi All......just got a 12 month contract sorted on voda..........£40pm, 500m + 500tx......does anyone know when I would be able to decrease the monthly tariff cost or create one of my own using voda's new "create your own tariff" thingy!

Not sure what voda's policy is for changing things early into the existing contract if I wanted to?

Ben
10th October 2006, 08:12 PM
It used to be 3 months I think, quite a while ago. It might have gone up to 6 - I honestly can't remember! Hopefully someone with some braincells will pass by soon ;)

3g-g
10th October 2006, 08:51 PM
*wanders by aimlessly*

maxspank
11th October 2006, 01:07 AM
If it's a brand new contract it's 9 months before you can decrease.

Alio
11th October 2006, 09:29 PM
If it's a brand new contract it's 9 months before you can decrease.

Damn.......thought that might be the case:( ........does this also apply to the new voda "create your own price plan" feature/option that they are currently advertising?
i.e. I won't be able to use the "create your own price plan" feature/option untill I have passed 9months?

miffed
12th October 2006, 07:41 AM
TBH unless you can find it hard and fast in print - I think they get to make it up as they go along !
I remember (on the site that I ordered it , and on their receipt - but on no orange paperwork unfortunately) My previous orange contract said 6 months - so I contacted them in month 6 , only to be told that , because it was a 24 month contract , I could'nt downgrade until 12 months :confused: - even the CS rep said she wa sure it should be 6 months and checked !

This is a bit of a problem for me - because my contracts are an intricate thing - and I sometimes just factor the forecasted line rental into the "price" of the phone - I have come a cropper on this particular one , because as ell as the extra 6 months thing , orange also changed all their tarrifs around since I took the contract on - originally I planned to drop from £27 to £11 after 6 months - but now it seems I was stuck at £27 for 12 mths - then could only drop to £22 for the remainder of the contract :(

(original forcast - £360 Revised forecast - £588 )

Still about on parr with a sim free 9500 (when I got it ) - but not the bargain I hoped for :confused:

Still, you win some , you lose some :D