View Full Version : Windows Mobile Live Messenger

3GScottishUser
30th October 2006, 12:47 PM
You can now download and install the Window Live Mobile Messenger client for a range of handsets.

No fiddling about it's seamless and lets you use Windows Live Messenger (MSN) with all your normal icons etc on most new phones.

Download Here: http://mess.be/

Enjoy!!

3g-g
30th October 2006, 04:02 PM
Hmm, when I click on the link for the 6680 no download starts, anyone else have the same issue? Tis the same in Firefox and IE7 :(

Hands0n
30th October 2006, 04:06 PM
The link takes you to another page with yet another button to push, then a wait while being redirected to the download server .... when finally the download starts (Firefox). Did do all of that and wait as well?

3g-g
30th October 2006, 04:53 PM
Nup, doesn't work for me, clicks thru to the next page, and I can see where the button is to start the download however there's nothing there, waiting does nothing, fancied trying this instead of Yamigo as I can't see any contacts on that!

Ben
30th October 2006, 08:18 PM
Got the download fine for my N80 in Camino. Was a .sisx. Have installed but not had chance to try it out yet!

3GScottishUser
30th October 2006, 09:15 PM
I have... its good but a couple of annoying things...

1. No way to delete your origianal log-in details when you log-out.

2. The usual keyboard limitations

Apart from that its probably the same as what 3 now provide, allnbeit on a restricted range of handsets (as ever).

IM Is something I will tr to get used to on a phone but I suspect youn need a proper QWERTY keybaord to make the most of this facility.

3g-g
31st October 2006, 01:26 AM
Grr... still not working, stupid M$! If someone would be so kind as to get the 6680 file and the Moto L7 file and perhaps attach it on here? Or email me it? That would be super! Thanking you! :)

miffed
31st October 2006, 07:23 AM
Been using it this on WM5 for a fair few months now

The only problem (on WM5 at least) is that it seems to intergrate with your contacts list - all of a sudden all my MSN contacts were filed among my contacts - which I suppose isn't really a bad thing - but TBH I do like to keep the contacts list on my phone streamlined & tidy - I regularly "weed out" numbers that I am unlikely to use rather than keeping them on file like most prefer to do
The other problem is signing in - seems a little temperamental compared to standard MSN messenger - nice when it works though - but for consistancy I prefer the old one

miffed
11th November 2006, 09:03 PM
just another little niggle I've noticed with Live messenger since switching from the M3100 to the E61

Quite simple too -on the E61 to send an IM , you have to press "options" , then select "send" , whereas on the M3100 you could just hit enter on the keyboard
I suppose it is all down to the s60 version being tailored more towards devices without a full keyboard - but I think in that case they would have been better off mapping one of the soft keys directly to "send" , as this is likely to be your most likely option
The way it is now, it make the whole experience a bit fiddly & less fluent than in could be

Carl
5th December 2006, 11:40 PM
Can't get it to work on my K800i. It says Network disconnectesd, please try later.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Ben
6th December 2006, 01:00 AM
Hi Carl,

What network are you on and what access point are you selecting? Mine was a little picky on Vodafone, but one of the access points did the job. Fab little application, knocks the socks off Agile IMHO.

whatleydude
6th December 2006, 09:36 AM
I tried it out but went straight back to Agile within 24hrs..

It's ok - but nothing to write home about.

IMO and all that.

Tried it on an N73 on Vodafone.

Ben
6th December 2006, 10:11 AM
Really? Argh, Agile used to disconnect all the time - when it would connect in the first place that is! Plus they then went and made it pay-for. Live, on the other hand, seems to have more reliable connectivity and is a smoother application generally, though it does lack the ability to connect to other networks and doesn't alert visually when minimised.

whatleydude
6th December 2006, 11:23 AM
I paid the one off fee for Agile about a year ago now and it's one of the most used apps on my handset (second only to Mobizines obviously).

The 3rd edition client is actually quite good and I rarely suffer from disconnection issues.. if I do - it's normally because I'm on the tube or train or something of that ilk.

I just think the layout - IMO - is more intuitive. It may just be the fact that I'm used to it - but I actually uninstalled WLM this morning as I hadn't used it in such a long time - it was nice to have and to play with and stuff - but I genuinely could not see how it was better than Agile.

Carl
6th December 2006, 05:01 PM
Hi Ben, my K800i is on Three.

Ben
6th December 2006, 06:07 PM
I thought Three bundled MSN with their handsets? Or is it an add-on you have to pay for... I'm not sure. Otherwise, if you don't already have one, you'll probably need a data add-on as Three still operates a semi-obscure walled garden.

SvenDettmer
29th December 2006, 10:15 AM
I can´t find the link for msn mobile version? can someone tell me where to find on the site?

is it only me with that problem? mmmmhhh :(

Hands0n
29th December 2006, 10:21 AM
According to 3 UK's website (http://www.three.co.uk/personal/price_plans_/promotions_/windows_live_messenger.omp) you have to text "MSN" to the shortcode 36763. I presume you'll be sent a URL to follow on the handset to get the MSN software.

SvenDettmer
29th December 2006, 10:32 AM
Mhhh. might be i wasn´t clear enough. i meant the link in the first post:
http://mess.be/

HandsOn: thanks anyway for your help. i looked on 3s homepage, but i´m not living in uk.