View Full Version : 3 Annouce Xmas Lineup

getti
30th October 2006, 09:59 PM
[QUOTE]Mobile media company announces its new range of must-have phones - Christmas-list essentials for gadget and fashion fans

3, the mobile media company, today announces the launch of six new phones for the Christmas season. The Sony Ericsson W950i offers the most cutting-edge music applications while for those after the latest technology and good looks; the stylish Nokia 6288, with miniSD card and camera, Motorola's MOTORAZR V3xx, the LG 3G Chocolate U830 and LG U310 or the wafer thin Sony Ericsson K610i should be on the Christmas list.

The much-awaited Sony Ericsson W950i 'Walkman® Phone' packs a real punch for those who like to listen to music on the move, offering the ability to store up to 4,000 songs on its 4GB memory. The phone is also crammed with other music features including remote control, music-recognition software and single-touch walkman launch.

For people more concerned with making sure their phone matches their outfit the new range of fashion handsets in a variety of exclusive colours are a must. This season's must-have phone, the LG 3G Chocolate U830, is finally available for the first time with 3G capabilities on 3. Boasting features such as red touch sensitive external music controls, stereo Bluetooth, a 2 mega-pixel camera and a slim folder design in luxurious piano black this phone is surely a Christmas cracker.

Colour is big this Christmas and to celebrate 3 also has the recently launched Pink Sony Ericsson Z610i – exclusive to 3. Also from LG, is the folder-style LG U310 in glossy white, which features a high-tech OLED outer screen and dedicated media playback keys.

Looking for a sleek and shiny number which oozes style? The Nokia 6288 in high-gloss black or white is the one for you. The ultimate "cool tool", this phone has two-way video call capability, video ringtones and a 512MB miniSD memory for preserving all of your magic moments. Also in glossy black, Motorola’s MOTORAZR V3xx will arrive just in time for Christmas.

Finally for those who like their models a little less curvy the new Sony Ericsson K610i manages to squeeze a 2 megapixel camera, Bluetooth stereo and big screen display into its waif-like 17mm body, proving that size isn't everything.

Marc Allera, 3UK Sales Director said; "There is something for everyone in 3's sack this Christmas. Whether you are a fashion guru, music lover, amateur photographer or just like cool phones we have a handset to suit you. These handsets are especially chosen to allow people to enjoy the ever-growing range of rich media services on 3, and to look good doing it."

Already launched on the 3 network– the W850i also features Sony Walkman® branding and is a solid music handset allowing storage of up to 1GB worth of tunes. The addition of a 2 megapixel built-in camera makes it an excellent all-rounder.

For the amateur photographer the K800i is ideal as it is the first phone in the range to feature a 3.2 megapixel camera and Xenon flash, letting users take high-quality pictures even in the darkest of environments.

Also boasting an impressive 3.2 mega pixel camera as well as a Carl Zeiss lens is the recently launched Nokia N73. This mobile is perfect if you require a high –quality digital camera combined with stunning video record capabilites and great multimedia features. Now available with Yahoo Go Mobile, customers can enjoy the freedom of being able to quickly access their favourite web services when on the move.

Today's announcement means 3 will have a range of over thirty handsets available this Christmas, with something to suit everyone’s taste and wallet.
About 3
3 is a mobile media company delivering a convergence of communications, entertainment and information to customers on the move.

The three areas which form the core of its business are:

* Communications – including all forms of personal communications, voice and video calling; text, picture and video messaging; and mobile blogging
* Entertainment – including television, music audio and video, computer games, and media publishing
* Information services – including wireless web, access to the best of the internet and a range of news services

3 UK is a member of the HWL group of 3G companies, which include 3G operations in Australia, Austria, Denmark, Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Sweden and soon Norway.

Three facts about 3:

* 3, a mobile media company, launched the UK's first 3G network
* 3 has over 3.75 million customers in the UK and over 13.5 million worldwide (August 2006 figures)
* The 3 network offers national coverage for calls and texts, and over 89% population coverage for 3G services.

Ben
30th October 2006, 10:54 PM
Got a link and pictures?

getti
30th October 2006, 11:29 PM
The message above was taken from Three UK Press website.

Looking into getting pics now. The V3xx looks like the originl V3i but this one is HSDPA

3GScottishUser
31st October 2006, 09:34 AM
Love the bit about 30 handsets!!!

That'll be if you count all the discontinued ones and the colour varients I suspect!!

Some good additions but nothing exclusive and nothing getting me excited. The addition of the LG Chocolate 3G device should help them compete with the highly popular GSM version.

Well now 3 have a decent contract line-up.... they just have to address the pre-pay product now.

getti
31st October 2006, 02:41 PM
The LG and the V3xx do sound interesting. Especially the LG which is exclusive to 3 at launch