View Full Version : 3G Improvement Suggestions

Ben
20th April 2005, 06:26 PM
On this thread I'd like for us to suggest ways in which Orange can improve it's 3G offering.

For a start, I think it'd be extremely useful to have a "My Three" style section with real-time data usage figures (along with how much that costs with your current tariff). The section should also show add-ons and allow them to be changed. Remaining minutes would also be useful!

Video Answerphone would be another suggestion from me. Not sure how useful it'd be, but those rejected video calls have got to go somewhere :D

Hands0n
21st April 2005, 09:50 AM
They need to get into PAYG pronto to compete against Threepay. I cannot find anything on their website that says they do at the moment. All the mobile ops know about unlocking and what goes on - they shouldn't recoil in fear but exploit it. How about the headline "Easy 3G - unLock and Load our SIM for a better 3G experience"

Or something like that :)

TheBrit
21st April 2005, 12:41 PM
They need to get into PAYG pronto to compete against Threepay. I cannot find anything on their website that says they do at the moment. All the mobile ops know about unlocking and what goes on - they shouldn't recoil in fear but exploit it. How about the headline "Easy 3G - unLock and Load our SIM for a better 3G experience"

Or something like that :)Yes, 3G on pre-pay would be a good start. More transmitter sites would be good too but the nimby lobby will put up a fight against that one.

3g-g
26th April 2005, 12:07 AM
Ideas:

3G tarrifs the same as 2G if they want, makes the same kinda money over the 12 months.

Voice calls half the price that they are on GSM, same with SMS. Lots of bundled text messages as part of the tarrif.

MMS video clips and pictures... same again, half the price, but allow bigger files to be sent.

Video calls same price as voice is just now on GSM.

I'd keep with the 241 offer on selected tarrifs, and allow even cheaper calls between those two numbers.

I only think 3G will get the take up the networks want if they make it more appealing than GSM is just now... I think people would sacrifice the little dinky RAZRV3 for a cheap call bunle on a 6680 anyday.

But hey, I'm only the public, what do I know?