View Full Version : hooray ! Even more T-mobile 3G for me

miffed
1st November 2006, 12:40 PM
Yesterday morning there was a HUGE tower crane outside my house ....

"Hmmm , wonder what they are up to ? " I thought as they set it up and appeared to be playing with the mobile masts on the roof of the 14 floor block of flats across the road :confused:

Well ,later that afternoon - I noticed that I had a two bar 3G signal at work ( about a mile or so away in Tankerton) - previously a four bar 2.5G signal

Then , when I got home - I noticed I am getting 5 bars of 3G at home (:D)

Excellent ! Nice to see T-mobile making the effort :D

Ben
1st November 2006, 01:04 PM
Their 3G rollout does indeed sound to be aggressive at the moment. But then it needs to be, they've got a bit of catching up to do and their GSM network is hardly renowned for it's excellent coverage - perhaps all the more reason to really go for it with UMTS.

Good for you! :D

miffed
1st November 2006, 03:11 PM
Their 3G rollout does indeed sound to be aggressive at the moment. But then it needs to be, they've got a bit of catching up to do and their GSM network is hardly renowned for it's excellent coverage - perhaps all the more reason to really go for it with UMTS.

Good for you! :D

I have been more than a little surprised this time around really

My last previous experience with T-mobile was with a nokia 3330 - (I bought it labelled up "one2one" just as they were becoming T-mobile -just to give you some idea of timescale
I suffered the following problems (on quite a large scale
- Never much signal , anywhere !
- 90% of calls went straight to voicemail (even in areas with constant, albeit low signal )
- Sent texts would dissappear
- Received texts would seemingly wait at the transmitter until there were 20 of them , then arrive all at once ( Grrrrr! )
- even when there was lots of signal , most call attempts would simply die before they started

..... you know , the usual "crap network" stuff

Now when I went back to T-mobile this time around - it was purely for web & walk - had been getting free GPRS off o2 up till then , which they were dropping , so needed flat rate data & was prepared to risk the voice & text side being a little dodgy
But however - this time around I have found coverage , service & CS to be pretty good !

I alway used to be a bit negative about T-mobile , but I now hold them as at least an equal to the others -

Well done T-mobile chaps !

Hands0n
1st November 2006, 10:23 PM
I alway used to be a bit negative about T-mobile , but I now hold them as at least an equal to the others -

Well done T-mobile chaps !

Ditto and Hear Hear. :D