View Full Version : 2 problems for a newbie

combat goofwing
4th November 2006, 12:39 PM
1. when i load music on to my 512m mini sd card for the phone, i can only acces the music on the phone through my stuff/ audioplay lists...and not via the 3 players..
2.i installed the phone mannager/pc sync software as instructed(didn,t connect my phone until asked....but i still can;t connect to it ...its set usb com prot 5

i get the following message

failed to connect to mobile handset,please check com port and connect in idle screen.due to the multi function, despite idle screen, it can be failed to connect

thanks for any help

Ben
5th November 2006, 02:13 AM
Hi, welcome to the forum.

Regarding your music, it's possible that only 3 purchased music will play in the 3 player, while other music has to be stored and played separately. The Orange player is like this, so while I have no experience with this 3 handset I am suggesting this as the reason.

Surely you don't need to fiddle with COM ports to get connected. Try plugging in to a different USB socket, Windows should automatically detect and reinstall the relevant drivers.

combat goofwing
5th November 2006, 11:29 AM
changed usb ports and no change no new drivers installed and still will not connect,

combat goofwing
5th November 2006, 11:56 AM
managed to get it to connect by removing the SD, here lies a new problem, i cant dlete anything from or format my mini sd card , i think it may be faulty causing the connection problems and even when i delete stuff off it it just reappears on there again

also in the sounds folder of the card theres all sorts of files that make no sense and can't be deleted

3GScottishUser
5th November 2006, 03:18 PM
If you have a card reader it might be an idea using that to transfer files etc. Its a workaround but one which can save a lot of fiddling about!!

combat goofwing
5th November 2006, 06:56 PM
If you have a card reader it might be an idea using that to transfer files etc. Its a workaround but one which can save a lot of fiddling about!!

i have a card reader with my printer and thats the problems....i think

i cant do anything with the card... i try to delete songs from it and they just appear on it next time i insert the card...i try to add song and they appear while its in the reader but i put it in the phone and they are not there.
i can not connet to the phinevia usb when the caed is in but
as soon as i remove the card i can connect no problem

Ben
5th November 2006, 09:09 PM
Hm. Perhaps it really is a faulty card. Can you get hold of another card to try in the handset so you can identify if yours is really defective?

combat goofwing
6th November 2006, 01:09 PM
thanks for the help it was a faulty SD card got a new 1 gig one(3 paid for some of it) and everythings work fine now

great phone well pleased with it

hecatae
6th November 2006, 02:42 PM
little review please.

whats the camera like?

combat goofwing
7th November 2006, 02:09 PM
not really used the camera yet but from what i can see the pics a very good, the music side is excellent(the sd card makes all the difference) , have 80 songs on it and it about 25% full...really great playback via the heaphoes(with built in controls)provided

it even makes phone call

E616Vboy123
7th November 2006, 03:26 PM
it even makes phone call

:eek: :eek: :p ;)