View Full Version : LG U8120 HowTo Factory Reset & Find out Firmware Version

Hands0n
20th April 2005, 08:08 PM
This may work also for the otehr U81xx series too - I've not tried it so if it does post on here to confirm/deny please.

To find out the installed firmware version (and some other details)
Press Menu, 9, 2, 5
Does anyone know what the latest stable version is?

To perform a Factory Reset
1. Power off the phone and remove the USIM
2. Power on the phone and ignore the SIM warning message
3. Press the following keys *277634#*#
4. Select "Factory Reset" from the menu that appears.
5. After it has reset, power it off, replace the USIM, powerit back on and enjoy your shiny "new" phone!

This procedure may clear any problems that you are having with your LG U8120 misbehaving, providing that the problem is software based (i.e. not a hardware fault). It is a reasonable first shot before calling CS or sending the phone off for repair.

There are a few other options that will appear also. Just be sure you really do want to use them, if you do.

Caveat
WARNING: This will perform a total Factory Reset. You will lose all of your phone contents (contacts, ringtones, downloads, messages etc....). It will also reset all your security codes back to the factory default of "0000". Back everything up (if you can) before attempting this procedure. I accept absolutely no responsibility if you trash your phone/contents by trying any of this out.

But it worked for me :)
Why did I use this procedure? I bought a 2nd hand U8120 which came loaded with personal content and contact info from the previous owner. Some of it rather personal in nature (I'll say no more!). After a while individually deleting stuff, and not knowing any security codes they'd used I decided to zap the unit back to the Factory setting. This worked a treat for me.