View Full Version : Annoying >pers messages whilst roaming

blush
8th November 2006, 04:50 PM
I have been having problems for some time whilst roaming with my Virgin mobile phone which uses T-Mobile's network in the UK. When roaming I receive numerous >pers network messages all day with six or eight a day not uncommon. Does not matter which country you travel to either. My girlfriend and father both also have Virgin phones and we were in Holland last week and the whole week we kept getting these test messages. I think the messages may be related to voicemail as I have another Virgin phone with voicemail turned off and did not get one >pers message. Anyone else experience this?????

Ben
8th November 2006, 06:31 PM
Can I just verify what you mean by a >pers message? is >pers the sender ID of the message, or the content, or what?

blush
8th November 2006, 07:06 PM
Can I just verify what you mean by a >pers message? is >pers the sender ID of the message, or the content, or what?

>pers is the sender ID of the message, the message is a sim update network message.

streakfish
7th August 2008, 11:11 PM
Yes. I've just returned to the UK from Ireland, and my wife and I were plagued by ">pers" messages. On my sony ericsson phone I could delete them, but on my wife's nokia they jammed the phone until she powered off and on again. Very annoying!