View Full Version : w900i battery

leon
8th November 2006, 07:06 PM
Hi i got replacment battery for w900i but it is not charging them 2 replacment ones,1 original bst 33 .Point is my w900i is still charging original battery but not other ones.Only difference is that other batteries are 770 mah and original one is 900 mah,should not make problem or is irelevant.:mad:

3g-g
9th November 2006, 12:39 AM
Hi i got replacment battery for w900i but it is not charging them 2 replacment ones,1 original bst 33 .Point is my w900i is still charging original battery but not other ones.Only difference is that other batteries are 770 mah and original one is 900 mah,should not make problem or is irelevant.:mad:

Hi Leon, welcome to Talk3G.

From what I can make of your question, it seems that you just have batteries of differing capacities, i.e. one that will last a longer time than the other, it shouldn't make any difference to the ability to charge them if they're specific for your handset. Are they SE original batteries?

Ben
9th November 2006, 12:50 AM
I'd advise only buying official replacements that are rated exactly the same as the originals. Of all the mobile phone batteries that have been reported as exploding over the years they all seem to be counterfeit.

leon
9th November 2006, 07:40 PM
thanks for replies 2 are not original one is original but whith les mah 770 instead of 900mah,i wonder is it something wrong whith my phone like software:( or just ulucky whith batteries

3g-g
9th November 2006, 11:52 PM
thanks for replies 2 are not original one is original but whith les mah 770 instead of 900mah,i wonder is it something wrong whith my phone like software:( or just ulucky whith batteries

I think from what Ben and myself have directed you towards, the non-original batteries you've been sold are faulty. That's the reason the original, lower capacity battery you have is the only one charging. I can't recommend to you highly enough to dispose of the faulty non Sony Ericsson batteries you've acquired through a official battery disposal scheme, most local councils operate something. You run the risk of having them explode while having them plugged into the mains, risking, not only just damaging the handset beyond repair, but your own personal safety. I'll reiterate what Ben mentioned in his post, only buy official licensed manufacturer stamped / holographed batteries.