View Full Version : k800i - really annoying!

bash
11th November 2006, 01:22 PM
hey everyone

was just wandering if you could offer some advice

i got my k800i on thursday, and whenever i get messages from one person (does it matter this person lives very far away) the same message will repeatedly come through up to 4 times. :confused:

it is really annoying and wastes my space on my phone :mad:

please let me know if there is anything i can do to fix this, any info would be really appreciated

thanks,
bash x:)

3g-g
11th November 2006, 01:38 PM
Hiya bash, welcome to T3G! :)

Just out of interest what network are you on, and from what network are the messages being sent? Distance away from you makes no difference as to how many texts come through, it's more likely a network problem, and nothing to do with your handset. In addition to that, it's unlikely to be your own network at fault, more so the network that the texts are coming from!

We've been discussing the very thing over the last few days... I'd like to hazard a guess at T-Mobile and Vodafone being the culprits?

G.

bash
11th November 2006, 01:45 PM
yes! - how did you know there was a problem between vodafone and tmobile?!

anything i can do?

thank you!
bash x

3g-g
11th November 2006, 01:54 PM
There's not a great deal you can do individually TBH other than get onto T-Mobile or Vodafone (whichever of the two you belong to) and tell them about your issues. As long as you're only receiving the extra texts you're not being charged anything, I'd be tempted to be more irate if the problem was that you were being charged for 4 SMS sent when you'd only sent one!

Hands0n, one of the other moderators here is on T-Mob and he's having the same issue, messages sent from Voda -> T-Mob come through 3 or 4 times, he's been on the blower to customer service, I'd advise you to do the same, the more people bring up the issue the more likely something will be done about it.

As annoying as the multi SMS arrival is that k800i is a great handset! How do you find it yourself? Also, seeing as it has such a great camera I expect to see an entry into the T3G photo competition for November! (https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3531) :)

G.

Hands0n
11th November 2006, 02:26 PM
Hi Bash - report your problem to your mobile network operator - they will try and blame your handset, don't accept that. I am on T-Mobile and I can 100% reproduce the problem by sending an SMS from my Vodafone contract and payt phones. It works 100%, messages are repeated up to 4 times.

T-Mobile SMS team said it was my handset - but it 100% does NOT happen with 3, O2, other T-Mobile and Orange originated texts. The pattern is irrefutable, but there is some denial on the go at the moment.

The more that report the problem the more it will show up on their radar until someone finally works on it!

Hands0n
11th November 2006, 02:54 PM
Update:

I am on the phone with T-Mobile right now - they are in full-scale denial and point me to Vodafone as the orignator of the problem. It may well be that it is a Vodafone fault, equally it could be within T-Mobile. The problem is that unless they collaborate the fault will not be found and repaired.

I strongly suggest that anyone who is on T-Mobile who is getting repeat messages from Vodafone that they call T-Mobile Customer Services on 150, menu options 3 then 4 and report the problem. State that you are reading reports on the mobile phone forums of other affected T-Mobile customers.

I just repeated the test, within a few minutes of the last text I just replicated the fault.

bash
11th November 2006, 07:26 PM
Thanks for all your advice
I will get onto T-Mobile and let them know that i too am having this problem.

The k800i is amazing! The camera is so good, will come in handy if i am out and decide i should have brought my camera with me.

I love all the frames you can add to the photos, and FaceWarp is very amusing! Looks good with photoss of my dog!

I'll try to keep you all updated with my progress.

Bash x

bash
19th November 2006, 11:00 AM
Hey

I think the multiple message thing is sorted?

Mine seems fine now...
Anyone elses fixed?

Bash
xxx

Ben
19th November 2006, 12:30 PM
I texted someone on T-Mobile yesterday and they received it every four minutes for a while :(