View Full Version : Vodafone Family - One week on .....

Hands0n
12th November 2006, 03:01 PM
It has been something over a week since I registered for Vodafone Family and signed up the three "member" numbers to my group of four for a fiver. Since then I suggest that we have spent that £5 on calls between ourselves, even once we got over the novelty of phoning each other from room to room!

I am seriously thinking of upping the group to 6 for £7 as I have a couple of friends who I'd like to include seeing a we gas an awful lot on the landline.

It has to be said that this £5 for a group of four, or £7 for a group of six has to be astonishing value. But ....... who knows about this apart from those such as us-types who are always on the hunt for something new?

At a recent firework party I raised the topic with two family groups who are friends of ours and they'd never heard about Vodafone Family, Stop The Clock, Free Weekends or Passport! They were astonished at what was on offer and I even left the party later on that night with them huddled around the home PC logged into the Vodafone website finding out more about this.

Is too much dependence being placed by Vodafone (and others) on its customer base soliciting information from Vodafone? Or should Vodafone be more pro-active and get the information out to its customer base, if by no other means then by a mass SMS mailshot?

Maybe they don't actually want us all using their free or low-cost features? After all, it can't be doing much to enhance their ARPU, other than causing Customer retention.

3GScottishUser
12th November 2006, 03:38 PM
There have been a couple of articles in the Sunday papers today stating that Vodafone have turned the corner in the UK and now have the lowest churn in the industry. Even better news for them is that over 65% of their business is now done direct through Vodafone stores and on-line.

Vodafone are masters of reducing prices without changing tariffs!! Look at the recent moves. Stop the Clock, Family, Passport, Build your own tariff, Free weekends etc etc... none actually changed any of the base tariffs!! A clever move as millions already on existing tariffs wont rush to change because the tariffs are still the same!!

I think Vodafone have worked pretty hard to achieve what they have now and previously I personally regarded them as the most expensive network for private customers.... not now of course. I think if you are careful and selective Vodafone not only matches but exceeds all the rest for value, depending on your usage pattern of course!

maxspank
14th November 2006, 12:44 AM
I tell most customers who have 2 or more numbers on their account, I also get alot of calls from people who have heard about it. I think Vodafone believes in the power of 'word of mouth' and late night adverts.

We told in training that there would be no advertising for the service, which there has been but not an awful lot of. It does make customers happy to hear about it.