PDA

View Full Version : my ZTE F866 sim card glued in rofl

samjac68
14th November 2006, 04:17 PM
hia all:)

im samjac68 and erm, im 15 from shropshire:) my teacher got this phone as a present and hated it so badly that she sold it to me with £10 credit on for £10, lol:D

my problem is that i hate 3 as its a crappy network lol, 3 are that paranoid about people buying their cheap phones then switching networks that theyve actually started gluing their simcards in looool:confused: :(

anyone tried to get one out before? any ideas, i reckon a session with a stanley knife blade as ideally i want to use the credit and switch to 02:)

cheerz all

sam:)

3g-g
14th November 2006, 04:40 PM
hia all:)

im samjac68 and erm, im 15 from shropshire:) my teacher got this phone as a present and hated it so badly that she sold it to me with £10 credit on for £10, lol:D

my problem is that i hate 3 as its a crappy network lol, 3 are that paranoid about people buying their cheap phones then switching networks that theyve actually started gluing their simcards in looool:confused: :(

anyone tried to get one out before? any ideas, i reckon a session with a stanley knife blade as ideally i want to use the credit and switch to 02:)

cheerz all

sam:)

Hi Sam, welcome to Talk3G! :)

Well all I can say is you only really get what you pay for TBH! I've not heard of anyone taking to a glued in SIM yet, but I'd suspect that any sort of poking around with it may damage the PCB area around where the SIM usually goes. My advice would be to use the £10 credit and if you're still game have a go at removing the SIM. At least if it all goes Pete Tong you've not lost the cash in terms of making calls. Bearing in mind, that even if you do manage to get the SIM out, and the phone still functions, do you have somewhere that can unlock the phone to O2?

I'm sure everyone here would be interested in how you get on if you and your stanley knife do get acquainted with the handset! Some pictures would be nice too!

Keep us informed!

G.

samjac68
14th November 2006, 05:06 PM
ive done a bit of research and found out these phones are made by a company in china, and are very very new? to the market, most people havent heard of them yet :confused:

anyway my theory is it isnt/cant be locked? hence why 3 glue the sim's in? i know 3 had a bit of a problem with the nokia 7600 as everyone bought the £400 handsets for £50 then unlocked them over the net and used em with a 2g network

i also have a se 7600 what im happy with, just bought this phone as it was cheap, however with a bit of blagging my mates offered me £30 as it is so may just take that:o

sam

3g-g
14th November 2006, 05:26 PM
Yeah I think they're a fairly recent handset addition, however, not one with great appeal. I think the SIMs are glued in as the handsets are rather cheap and Three don't want them being purchased en mass only to be unlocked 30 minutes after they've been bought! It's only done as a method to try and keep you on Three and to not allow you to bugger off to the likes of O2, which is exactly what you want to do! :p

If you can make £20 on it without doing a thing then that's the option I'd go for, let your mate deal with it if he wants to try and get the SIM out.