View Full Version : Problem connecting to PC

aeroturbo
16th November 2006, 07:56 PM
Can anyone help with this problem please?

I've installed my LG software and the USB driver is working OK. If I connect the phone to the PC, I get audible confirmation that the PC has seen the phone. If I look on Windows Explorer, the phone is listed under My Computer as "LG Phone". All sounds fine.

However if I try to connect using LG Phone Manager, I get error messages:eek: :

On the PC: "Fail to connect to the mobile handset. Please check the COM port and connect in idle screen. Due to the multifunction, despite idle screen, it can be failed to connect". The author wouldn't pass a GCSE English, so I don't know what the last bit means. I've checked the COM port setting and the program will only allow selection of COM5.

On the phone "Conflict with PC sync (settings)". I've tried disabling Spycatcher, ActiveSync and even Windows firewall and it makes no difference.

Any help much appreciated.

AT

Ben
17th November 2006, 12:19 AM
Welcome to Talk3G!

Problems with the LG PC software seem to be very commonplace. As you've pointed out, the error messages are cryptic at best and obvously translations from another language.

The best I can recommend is to uninstall the lot and start over, making sure you get all the software and drivers onto the PC before connecting the phone. Also, if possible, check online for updated LG software as what's on your CD is possibly quite old.

aeroturbo
17th November 2006, 04:23 PM
Thanks. I re-installed but it's refusing to work. Actually 3's technical help was very good (even though they failed). We tried
1. Check all devices working (yes)
2. Try on different PC (had same problem)
3. Download software from LG website (all 92MB!) (uninstalled old, re-installed new, same problem)
4. Reset phone (gives a new error message "conflict with reset setting")
5. Take it back to the shop (will happen tomorrow!)
Cheers - at least it's Friday!