View Full Version : online registation (PAYG)

fireballxl5
17th November 2006, 01:42 PM
Hi has anyone had trouble in online registaion for "my Vodaphone" I have created a accout username / password get so far in the is tells me "my name is NOT a Vodafone No." and contact C/S and they have no idea what to do been refered but never get any feed back called again today and they said its been reslove lol well it has'nt :mad: only want this so i can top up online / veiw txt pack dates etc,,,,, any help out there

Ben
17th November 2006, 02:09 PM
Hey! Welcome to Talk3G :)

I haven't tried registering a Voda PAYG account recently, but the last time I did I don't remember having any problems whatsoever :( That said, Vodafone's website can be a little, erm, 'unstable', so it could be a temporary thing. Finding the right person at Vodafone to talk to will no doubt be the hardest thing.

Hands0n
17th November 2006, 11:13 PM
I just logged into My Vodafone for my PAYT service and everything in there seems to be working correctly.

You could try creating another account name, and then adding your PAYT into that account (you DID do this with the original account didn't you??? it is a separate process iirc)

maxspank
17th November 2006, 11:39 PM
It can be quite a hassle speaking to right person about online accouits, I know that because of the amount of "cold transfers" I get. If you call 191, chose any option then ask to be transfere to proucts and services, they can check the online account for you, and get it working.

IanG
23rd November 2006, 02:17 PM
Hi

Vodafone do have a dedicated e care team who deal with any online account issues, and they can be contacted on 08700 770 020 8am – 8pm daily.

Alternatively you can always e mail Vodafone via the webform at www.vodafone.co.uk/contactus

3g-g
23rd November 2006, 02:25 PM
Thanks for that IanG,

Do you work for Voda yourself? You can give us a secret wink if you don't want to divulge to the whole forum! ;)

G

miffed
23rd November 2006, 03:40 PM
Personally I have found Vodafones CS to be absolute pants (although I seem to be the only person to ever have trouble with them ! ) So I'd guess helping you through your problem would be far to much to expect from them !

But having said that . I did recently register a new account with their online service and found it to be very straightforward and hassle free , so sound like there is a temporary problem with the site

fireballxl5
11th December 2006, 12:32 PM
I appears that after several calls, voda have said they "think" it may be a issue with some sims (this batch was re-cycled in nov 2005) but seem not to be able to offer any other help, i only want to manage the account on line :( arhhhhhhhhhhh this has happened with 2 of the 4 sims i have the other 2 work fine.
#

Hands0n
11th December 2006, 12:49 PM
Thats interesting ...... but not very helpful for you ....... What is going on with their IT function? Very strange indeed :confused: Very un-Vodafone!

fireballxl5
11th December 2006, 01:16 PM
Its not alot of help but its what we have come to accept, and i guess they will never contact me or resolve as it is a low priority and not everyone uses the online service.
"when its good its good when its bad its just VODAFONE service"
this has now been ongoing since 20th june when i 1st logged it....:confused:

solo12002
11th December 2006, 07:00 PM
Ask them to either fix the fault or replace the two sim cards that you cant use with the online account.

If that fails ask ofcom to get involved.

Hands0n
12th December 2006, 12:33 AM
fireballxl5 - you could try following the advice from vfDeac27 on this thread https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3713 I got a response within hours, they're investigating my issue. If yours is such a difficult one for the regular CS to fix perhaps this team can help you. I wouldn't suggest it for routine calls.

faza20
12th December 2006, 02:07 PM
There is a problem with registering on the Vodafone.co.uk if you are on PAYT. The information given by CS was correct, in that certain SIM's are not recognised by the site as being a Vodafone customer. At the moment the web team are saying it will be sorted by the 15th December, though this isn't a cast iron guarantee.

fireballxl5
12th December 2006, 02:24 PM
WOW, somethink seems to have worked email as per the advice and I've just got a reply as well with that date 15th so hopefully i'm sorted :)

Ben
12th December 2006, 02:34 PM
So glad to see you're getting somewhere! Fingers crossed.

vfDeac27
15th December 2006, 09:00 AM
fireballxl5, if you still have problems after today, drop over another email (include the short-code FIT135 in the email as suggested by HandsOn, along with a link to this thread) and our email department will be able to get a fresh assignment raised with our online team.

fireballxl5
15th December 2006, 12:20 PM
ok, thanks i will tried it a while ago and still the same but lets see what happends later, tho i do wonder if voda need to delete my user name to make a fresh start.

3g-g
15th December 2006, 04:00 PM
Out of interest I registered a Vodafone SIM yesterday and I've had the same problems, the number isn't recognised as a Vodafone one, I've tried again today and it's still the same. Anyone else with the same issues?

fireballxl5
15th December 2006, 08:29 PM
hey, in a weird way i'm glad that its not just me then 3g-g, just tried again with both of mine still no luck tho, I only wana be able to top the kids phone up with out keep finding them or there phone, but not started using them yet so sooner voda get it sorted the sooner i'll spend with them, :p
I'll give it till early next week then start over again with them :mad:

3g-g
16th December 2006, 03:44 PM
Still the same for me, how very frustrating! Anyway, I've emailed Voda CS using that shortcode in the email, so we'll see how long it takes to come back! Fingers crossed it'll be resolved!

fireballxl5
18th December 2006, 07:53 PM
hey what a result both sims are now working a "big thanks" to voda and vfDeac27 and this forum, as im sure without your help and tips in short codes etc i would have still been wait........ many thanks :) :) :)

Hands0n
18th December 2006, 11:55 PM
Excellent, glad you got sorted out in the end, and thanks awfully to the chaps at Vodafone who help make Talk3G what it is :)