View Full Version : Nokia N97 Touchscreen

3GScottishUser
18th November 2006, 06:08 PM
Just found some information on a new addition to the N-Series...

Info is scarce but I think the photos look good and hope the handset will have all the latest technology....

"Nokia’s N97 Smartphone will supposedly feature a 3-inch TFT-LCD touchscreen display, 5.0-megapixel camera w/20x digital zoom, 20GB of built-in memory, and a microSD card slot. Pricing and availability have not yet been announced."

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/leaked-nokia-n97-pictures

miffed
18th November 2006, 06:57 PM
Interesting .... I am sure I read somewhere that Touchscreen could not be supported through S60 :confused:
unless it is just a matter of a little firmware tweak or something , but I am sure there was an underlying reason why we werent going to see a touchscreen s60 phone - chances are I read it online , so i'll try to dig it out

miffed
18th November 2006, 07:08 PM
.... can't find it :mad:

but my searching confirmed that touchscreen IS indeed supported by s60v3

... so it was innacurate anyway :p

E616Vboy123
18th November 2006, 09:56 PM
Why do you need a card slot AND 20 gig of memory?

Hands0n
18th November 2006, 10:20 PM
Why do you need a card slot AND 20 gig of memory?

What has "need" got to do with anything? :D

Me? I'd want a card slot even if it had 1TB of memory! At least some of the critical files can then be backed up to removable media. USB to the desktop/laptop is not always convenient or practical.

miffed
19th November 2006, 09:08 AM
Just as I was about to start priming the wife up to let me get one of these

..... I ssearched around a bit and found this

http://www.slashphone.com/87/5853.html

....Which suggests this is a photoshopped "mock up" :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bloody annoying as only yesterday I got all excited when I saw the succesor to the E61 - the E65 , until I realised that was photoshop fantasy too :( ....and the amount of "iphones" I have seen ....grrr !!