View Full Version : Frustrated callers

Brian Shearer
20th November 2006, 08:09 PM
When someone dials my number, callers hear music rather than a ring tone. Alot of people think it's some kinda divert and hang up. Does anyone know how to change to a standard ring tone ... please!!

Ben
20th November 2006, 10:45 PM
Hey Brian, welcome to the forum. What network are you on?

Hands0n
20th November 2006, 11:38 PM
Didn't 3 and Vodafone start doing that sort of thing - instead of Ring Tone (brrr-brrr) you could nominate a music track from a selection instead. I think its a dumb idea myself, because as Brian S has already found out, it is bound to confuse the hell out of callers!

It can be turned off and put back to regular UK ring tone - just needs a call to the mobile network Customer Services for info on how to do it for your particular network.

3g-g
21st November 2006, 12:01 AM
Ahh, that'll be Orange and the calling tunes then? You must of set it up as it's not something that's put on by default. Dial 477 and follow the instructions on how to either change the Tune or turn it back to normal ringing :)

Hands0n
21st November 2006, 12:04 AM
Oh well, not even close then, with 3 and Vodafone LOL :D

3g-g
21st November 2006, 12:10 AM
Ach, you're getting older Hands0n, it's not your fault that the old grey matter is turning to mush. They all do telephone calls, I can see how you'd get confused. Let's get you back to your special chair ;)