View Full Version : Bonkers Orange World and Data

3GScottishUser
21st November 2006, 09:54 PM
What planet are France Telecom on?

Do they really think anyone is daft enough to pay them to access the showcase that is Orange World.... and pay even more to download movie clips etc at ridiculous data rates!!

Orange are completely left at the starting blocks when it comes to enhanced mobile services. Pay to get the same sort of basic information and a showcase as Vodafone, T-Mobile, 02 and 3 subscribers get for free? They are completely bonkers!! The idea is repulsive!!

What is the point of them promoting 3G, subsidising multimedia capable handets etc if they dont provide and affordable service that customers can make use of?

Orange give you 2 months free 3G browsing with 1GB a month to play with... then hit customers with a charge of £1 a MB!!! Or £1000 a month to get the same as they got during the free period!! Are they stupid? What is that about? It does not pass the commonsense test... and it's why they will make nothing from most 3G customers who join them.

An utter disgrace... what a total waste of technology and resourses!!!

Pityful and someone at Orange should be out the door by now for maintaining such a silly customer proposition.

Ben
21st November 2006, 11:25 PM
Orange World was, once upon a time, pretty decent and ahead of the competition. Not much has changed in the last three years unfortunately and they're way behind now - keeping it costly to access can't be helping either, free portals should be a given by now!

3g-g
22nd November 2006, 12:29 AM
Couldn't agree more. Perhaps with Three's new offerings, Orange's broadband propositions etc. there'll be some change... however, at the moment Orange World is most definitely stuck in a time warp with regards to on-portal browsing, especially considering they're now carrying adverts to subsidise the cost!

Hands0n
22nd November 2006, 01:01 AM
It is truly astonishing that Orange can have slipped so far back in the game in this respect. Surely the notion of charging the punter to see their own portal is an anacronism by contemporary standards. They're going to have to keep up or step out of the game.

Ben
22nd November 2006, 02:57 PM
They should never have stopped the free 50mb/month for every 3G customer. I preferred it to free portal access at the time because I could use it for whatever I wanted. I pleaded with them to let me keep it at the end of my 12 months but once it'd gone I was pretty :(