View Full Version : The Usual ineptness I've come to expect from Vodafone

miffed
23rd November 2006, 06:37 PM
Bought a Vodafone E61 online, it was delivered on 9th November - I sent it back to them on the 13th ( 4 days since delivery ) - Sent it by special delivery - which was confirmed as being delivered to Vodafone on the 14th November at 10.58am
Phoned Vodafone on the 16th to get confirmation of having it back , got the seemingly usual snotty nosed kid who was not particularly interested - told me the department I needed was closed that day & I'd need to call back the following day ( 17th - or 9 days since I had received the phone) - phoned back to be told that they couldn't confirm or deny that they had received it , and sometimes these things take a few days
Phoned a couple of times since (on the hop , so wasn't able to take any details down) , but once again ,they were unable to tell me anything
Rang back yesterday .... (22nd november - 14 days in ...) and they are STILL unable to confirm whether or not they have the phone back ... but the CS rep said the guy in returns was sure my contract would be cancelled by the end of NEXT week ! :(
So now - if they turn around and say they never got the phone back , I am pretty much buggered , as I am sure I am supposed to report failiure of within fourteen days !

What IS wrong with these idiots ?

Ben
23rd November 2006, 06:54 PM
The corporate machine strikes again :(

That'll teach you to join Voda and then try and leave :p

miffed
23rd November 2006, 07:01 PM
But thats just it ! I am STILL an existing customer - on a contract that will expire Jan / Feb of this next year

I recently enquired about 3G coverage , or lack of it ,via e-mail and didn't even get a reply - and here we are once again !
I probably would have been renewing my other contract with them - but if they can't be bothered to even pretend they are interested in keeping my business , then I think I'll cancel that one too