View Full Version : me again..

./xyz
23rd November 2006, 07:14 PM
greetings to every and all,

Basically the story starts with me ordering a Vodafone PAYT sim card sometime during June. You may know the one I mean you get 500 free texts if you top up £15. well, eargely wait i did. but no! neither did it arrive nor did Vodafone bother to reply stating they dont give a flippin flap (not the best of introductions to the normally and hopefully not oxymoronic Customer Care) emphasis on the moronic of course..
my guess it got half inched by the postman or vodafone are just incompetent..or both.
I've been on missions man.. i've searched high and low and through all other dimentions of this damn internet looking for these elusive chips and now i find myself here..

I give my eternal thanks to anyone that can point me in the direction or even better provide one of these chips..
again thanks
Xyz

Ben
23rd November 2006, 09:36 PM
Hello, welcome to Talk3G!

Your best bet might be to call Vodafone CS and hope you get through to somebody sympathetic who might be prepared to help you. Unfortunately once these free offers end you're pretty high and dry, unless there's any going on eBay?

./xyz
24th November 2006, 12:16 AM
Cheers Ben for your warm welcome.
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post, your helps greatly appreciated.
been checking ebay for a while now but no joy.. i tried emailing Vodafone but the word 'free' scared them off and i was left lingering in the rancid smell of corporate ignorence,
Due to there recent supposed profits/losses their probebly frying bigger fish than the chips i ordered..
still as they were free no doubt somebody's got some of em somewhere gathering dust, i've got about ten o2 ones somewhere in amongst my room, i cant seem to escape there virus like scattering tendencies..
fingers crossed.

Ben
24th November 2006, 12:43 AM
The problem with email is that it's all too easy for companies to send a complete or partial automated response - something I have personal experiences of at both ends of the stick ;) When you've got somebody on the phone a bit of friendliness can cause them to feel inclined to help you, even obliged to defend you against the company that pays their wages.

The offer was indeed a good one, especially for a network as robust as Vodafone's that seldom needs flashy offers to draw in the punters. All the best.

fireballxl5
24th November 2006, 02:42 PM
hey, Xyz I may have one "top up" for txt sim left at home, Ill have a look for you.

./xyz
27th November 2006, 07:11 PM
The problem with email is that it's all too easy for companies to send a complete or partial automated response...
Absolutely.. I have called them but as my chip wasn't activated and i dont have the number or reference number nothing can be done.. argh. still worth phoning again as somebody else there end might know of a way.

Blinding Fireball,
if you could that'll be excellent..

p.s
if it's easier my email is: temporarydisplacement (at) hotmail (dot) com

cheers

vfDeac27
15th December 2006, 09:27 AM
Hi ./xyz,

I recognise your username and post from over on the 3G Forum the other month and was wondering if you've managed to get this resolved? If there are still issues then as suggested on 3G Forum you could always drop us an email, leaving the code FIT135 along with a link to this thread. This will route you through to somebody who'll be able to help and speak to the Pay As You Talk team on your behalf.

As far as I'm aware (working for Vodafone), our Pay As You Talk team tell me it's still possible to provision this offer on an existing SIM, although they did have a few problems with the set up in the first week of December.

./xyz
15th December 2006, 02:22 PM
hey there vfDeac27,
thanks to everyone for taking the time to help regarding this chip stuff.
I'm still not sure but ive been told that it's all been done now, to find out though i'll have to wait till January.
A few different people gave me a few different answers ranging from 'what are you talking about' to 'yep it's all set-up' and 'no its not on your account' and again another 'yes it's all done'.
They did say they have been having problems with this promotion this month and they said i'll get a call from the technical dept. no call yet though,
still unsure but possibly getting somewhere.

take care
xyz

vfDeac27
17th December 2006, 05:57 PM
no problem,

If you did want to drop over a quick email to us at the earlier link, I'll get somebody to call pay as you talk on your behalf, get full clarification of what exactly is on your account, then get back to you with some official confirmation.