View Full Version : How do I copy contacts to computer?

jellyfishinthebath
29th November 2006, 05:08 PM
Hi all! I know I'm a moron and I know I should know this, BUT - how do I copy my phone contacts onto my computer???? I installed the software supplied with the phone, but I don't see any way to simply copy all my contacts so I have a backup on my computer. Can anyone talk me simply through this please????:)

3g-g
29th November 2006, 06:01 PM
When making the backup does that not include an option to copy all the contact information anyway? Or are you wanting to be able to view all your contacts on the PC?

Ben
29th November 2006, 06:14 PM
I sync my phones with Microsoft Outlook's address book so contacts and calendar entries end up there - makes it super easy to sync them back to new handsets then. Just use Sync Manager in the Sony Ericsson PC Suite.

Welcome to the forum!

jellyfishinthebath
29th November 2006, 07:52 PM
Hi there! Thanx for replying - I know it must be simple but I did TRY using syncmanager and it said it had copied the contacts from phone to computer - but i can't find them in Outlook Express (called windows address book in syncmanager)! Maybe I'm just being REALLY stupid, so I'll try again and get back to you... (I do have Microsoft Outlook as well, but I've never used it cos there seems to be a configuration problem of some sort - won't even open. But I definitely checked the Outlook Express box on syncmanager!) :confused:

I do want to be able to view all the contacts on the PC, just in case I lose my phone!

PS It's a K800i

Ben
29th November 2006, 08:40 PM
Hey,

Windows address book is in Start > Accessories > Address Book - is that where it has put them?

jellyfishinthebath
30th November 2006, 07:47 PM
Hey! Thankyou for all your help - I've sorted it! I looked at another thread on the forum, uninstalled the PC Suite software, reinstalled it following the outlined procedure (ie use the Windows Wizard etc) and now it's worked perfectly! So thanx for being here! :)