View Full Version : X-Series Prices and Terms.

3GScottishUser
1st December 2006, 09:00 AM
The following has been annouced as pricing for 3's X-Series.

X-Series Silver (£5 a month)

Unlimited Windows Live Messenger* already included in your price plan
Unlimited Skype to Skype calls*
Unlimited data* to use on:
Web surfing (Yahoo! Search, Yahoo! Go)
Mobile Mail (Yahoo! Mail, Gmail and other ISPs)
Podcasts
eBay FREE on your price plan

X-Series Gold (£10 a Month)

Unlimited Windows Live Messenger* already included in your price plan
Unlimited Skype to Skype calls*
Unlimited data* to use on:
Web surfing (Yahoo! Search, Yahoo! Go)
Mobile Mail (Yahoo! Mail, Gmail and other ISPs)
Podcasts
eBay FREE on your price plan
Unlimited access* to your home TV and PC

Some conditions apply:

Mobile access to Orb or Slingbox does not include using your mobile as a modem.

If you also buy a Slingbox, you’ll need to take X-Series Gold for a minimum of 12 months. Otherwise, X-Series Gold and Silver are for a minimum period of 6 months when bought on connection to 3. Or if bought after connection there’s no minimum period.

Fair use:

Unlimited data is 1GB per month. Also, your data usage doesn’t include using your mobile as a modem.

Windows Live Messenger won’t count towards your monthly data fair use limit but has its own limit of 10,000 messages per month.

*Skype on 3 is 5,000 minutes per month. If you go over this you’ll need to wait until the start of the next bill month for the service to resume, however Skype calls can still be received.

Orb and Slingbox have a total combined limit of 80 hours a month. on your mobile.

Full Details:http://www.three.co.uk/BlobServer.srv?blobdir=ImportantDoc&blobfile=price+guide+Dec06%2C0.pdf

Ben
1st December 2006, 10:28 AM
I wonder if 3 are connecting to Skype and MSN through a proxy that lets them monitor minutes and messages used :/ Assuming they have no way on earth of telling, I'm assuming it's just scary language to be used against customers who use Skype and MSN relentlessly.

miffed
1st December 2006, 10:44 AM
Pretty much what was expected from the first (and only) UK network to restrict internet access

I'll stick with web & walk thanks

Whats with all the slingbox restricitions ? are they supplying them at a subsidised price then ?
I'd rather stick with W&W plus and buy my own slingbox thanks

a_ukboy
1st December 2006, 11:59 AM
Pretty much what was expected from the first (and only) UK network to restrict internet access

Restricted internet access?? I've had full open internet access on Three since Jan 06, Three don't have the walled garden anymore!!!

Ben
1st December 2006, 12:07 PM
But it was still the first (and only) UK network to restrict Internet access, regardless of the progress that has been made since ;)

3GScottishUser
1st December 2006, 04:58 PM
It's OK if you want to view Internet pages on a small screen but that's not really very practical.

Better if you can use your handset as a modem like with Web'N'Walk Pro.