View Full Version : Full X-Series Review On Thursday (Any Questions?)

getti
3rd December 2006, 12:48 PM
Thanks to 3 PR, I have a Nokia N73 with a Slingbox and X-Series Gold coming this Wednesday to review the services in full.

If anyone has any questions they want answering once i get it please feel free to ask in here and i will try my best to answer it for you.

3GScottishUser
3rd December 2006, 04:50 PM
Surely it'll take more than one day to configure all the services and check their performance?

I see 3 are offering the Slingbox for £99 when ordered with an X-Series phone.

Interesting to note that the X-Series deal appears to be limited to £30 a month + tariffs, so £35 a month with Direct text 1400. That gives you the web browsing on the phone, Skype to Skype calls, MSN and 300 X/Net + 1000 SMS. Comparing it with T-Mobile's Flext 35 is an eye-opener as they provide the web browsing verion of Web'N'Walk free now so you get unlimited browsing, 1000 SMS + 400 Mins of X/Net calls.

Look forward to hearing what the x-series can do and how reliable it is in different locations etc.

tednol
5th December 2006, 12:36 PM
I am very much looking forward to the review of the X-series. I'm 6 months of my way through a 12 month O2 contract and am currently trying to establish whether it would be worth my while to take out a Three X-series contract now, or wait for my O2 contract to end.

I'm particularly curious as to how well Orb and Slingbox work...

getti
5th December 2006, 02:23 PM
I have just bought myself a Slingbox from Currys, Torquay for £149.99. Tired EVERYWHERE to get 1 and this was the last 1 left.

tednol
7th December 2006, 12:01 PM
I'm very much looking forward to this review. I've found precious little independent opinion of the X-Series online, except for an article in the Guardian that was mostly positive.

My main question is how limited is the 'real' internet? Are there lots of blocked ports etc so third party apps won't run properly?

whatleydude
7th December 2006, 02:58 PM
I saw a good review of the skype functionality on smstextnews.com

tednol
12th December 2006, 03:32 PM
Is the review still coming?!

getti
12th December 2006, 06:15 PM
It is yeh. Had some teething problems getting my Slingbox to work so could not complete the review before now

tednol
12th December 2006, 07:56 PM
I can imagine the Slingbox setup being a bit of a tricky process. Hope all is well now.