View Full Version : Wahey ! it's the Vodafone 3G rollercoaster! (AT LAST )

miffed
7th December 2006, 07:56 AM
Well the have finally switched on my area (sort of !) - after having a capable transmitter up for over a year - it looks like they have gotten around to switching it on
this is how it works - The handset shows a full strength signal - so I connect to live - the signal goes 4 bars , 3,2,1, , then 4 bars of 2G , so as soon as I disconnect , then the signal reverts instantly to 4 bars of 3G -( This also happens on its own too - I don't have to connect to the internet )

Very intersting from Vodafone here - They have a 3G network (so they are giving me coverage) but you are unable to use it !

I wonder how much of Vodafones required 80% of coverage (or whatever it is) - is unusable in a similar manner ? Looks to me like like Vodafone are trying to pull the wool over OFCOM's eyes here !

I love T-mobile more and more each day !

bernifreshman
7th December 2006, 09:38 AM
I think they are trying to pull the wool over OFCOM's eyes. I live in the same area as you and have only seen 1 new 3g site (by Herne Bay Golf Course) that was erected just before the launch of their 3g network. Compared to the likes of Orange who have upgraded all 2g sites in the area to 3g and have put up 3g only sites in a few places. My mates on voda lock their phones to 2g cause coverage is so patchy.

Ben
7th December 2006, 10:08 AM
I've got to say, in Chestfield and Pean Hill Vodafone's 3G coverage is excellent. This sounds like a localised issue, not representative of Vodafone's 3G network at large. Give them a talking to!

Hands0n
7th December 2006, 03:09 PM
Pretty much 1,000% 3G Vodafone coverage here in Norf Kent! We're all getting sunburnt, the signal is that strong! Really :D

3GScottishUser
7th December 2006, 06:35 PM
Vodafone coverage in Glasgow and most of Central Scotland is 3G solid and has been for over a year.

Orange is also strong too in my area.

miffed
8th December 2006, 09:29 AM
I must admit , when i venture out of whitstable , the coverage does seem pretty robust
I am starting to think it is personal ! After my well documented problems where they overcharged me by £58 for the first 3 months and then taking 6 months to credit me , and even then refusing to refund me and only crediting my account
.......Or the latest example ...a month after returning my e61 they are unable to tell me if they have got it back or are going to cancel my contract ,despite royal mail showing as delivered the following morning
-I thnk they turned the 3g mast off purposely to piss me off

Hands0n
8th December 2006, 11:02 PM
They watch you through your letterbox too, you know!

miffed
10th December 2006, 10:17 AM
whew !

Back to absolutely no 3G coverage whatsover now

Glad that nighmare is over- at least I know where I stand now

Oh , incidently - they have now billed me for the first month of the contract they were meant to cancel ! They really are Muppets of the Highest order !

.....on a plus note got this mail back from Vodafone (I say a plus as they usually ignore mail correspondance in my experience )

Dear Mr. Miffed,

Thank you for contacting Vodafone Customer Service about the cancellation of your phone contract.

I’m sorry to know that you want to end your mobile phone service with Vodafone.

I am sorry you are unhappy with the services you have received from us. I apologise and you can be sure that the information you have given us will be used to improve our performance. I hope you give us a chance to show that we can deliver an improved service.

I have reviewed account details and confirm that we have received the mobile back on 13th November 2006 the number was (07919XXX350).

If there is anything else I can help you with, please feel free to contact me.

Kind regards,

Anwarul Hasan

Vodafone Customer Services

Funny , if you glance at it , his name looks a bit like "Awful" , How Ironic :D

.......But they went ahead and billed me anyway - twats !

I think Three have finally lost the " Crap CS" Crown - or at least in my experience they have anyway

Hands0n
10th December 2006, 10:26 AM
I hope you give us a chance to show that we can deliver an improved service.

I'd be inclined to send them a photocopy of the bill with a copy of their mail to you with the above highlighted and scribble across - "Chance given, and blown" or something suitably sarcastic......

I've not had any unpleasant CS experiences with Vodafone, they really have been of the first order for me in every way, right from the beginning when they cocked up the allocation of phone number to SIM card (I'd ordered two handsets, one online and the other via their phone number!). The CS rep understood what had gone wrong, what I'd wanted and there and then swapped them over on the computer to the correct way round.

All absolutely with no mention of wiping the SIMs with the clean dry cloth!!!

I've never really had a poor experience with Vodafone - the only reason I left them five years ago is because they'd not upgrade me early and I got all huffy about it :)

I think it is extraordinary that you have such a consistently bad experience with Vodafone. Either they have a note about you on their CRM, you're cursed or you have really sh*tty Karma :D

Ben
10th December 2006, 11:10 AM
It's amazing how our experiences of the same company can differ so widely isn't it? I do think you've had inexcusably poor service from them, miffed. Thank goodness there's four other networks (and a handfull of virtuals) queued up to take your money instead!

miffed
10th December 2006, 11:18 AM
I know ! the thing is , I am the only person who seems to get this crap from Vodafone :mad:

I am starting to take it very personally :(

Hands0n
10th December 2006, 12:17 PM
Perhaps we need an insider to check out your CRM record :D Either that or you are living on a dodgy Ley Line :eek: Do the pictures on your walls move :confused: Things go bump in the night may'haps? :p

vfDeac27
11th December 2006, 10:29 AM
miffed,

Sorry to hear of the problems you've had with customer services up until now on various issues. I can see you've contacted our email team already, however, if you want to send us another email (www.vodafone.co.uk, 'contact us' at the bottom of the screen, then 'email') and leave the short code FIT135 in the email body (this will route your mail through to a member of Vodafone's online team who will be able to take full ownership and review your account) we will be able to look into this further for you. If you wanted to you could also include the URL to this thread on Talk3G.

Hopefully this way we can begin to get everything sorted out.