View Full Version : Access PC's remotely free

3GScottishUser
11th December 2006, 08:18 AM
Just read about a new service that allows you to access any PC from any other internet connected PC, PDA or Mobile device.

Full details here: https://secure.logmein.com/go.asp?page=products_free

miffed
11th December 2006, 11:34 AM
Not new mate - I have been using this for well over a year now ( the free remote control version , though the file transfer version is well worth paying for IMO)
Very useful ! and once again makes a bit of a mockery of the latest "revoloutionary" aspects of Three's x series IMO

3GScottishUser
11th December 2006, 07:22 PM
Now installed on my desktop and it cool!!

Have your PC anywhere!! (excuse the pun) for free. (The trial version of the Pro software is free for a year for a limit of 2 hours remote use.

Amazing quality and solves the problem of dynamic IP addressing and remote desktop.

Worth a look if you hav'nt tried it.

Ben
12th December 2006, 12:29 PM
I can't imagine anything worse than trying to manipulate my PC from my phone. I'm going to need quite some convincing!

3GScottishUser
12th December 2006, 01:27 PM
Agreed, its a nonsense using a mobile as a display device for PC use....

That said with a 3G handset and modem access its a good thing and your new 3G router might be able to make some use from it.

Ben
12th December 2006, 02:07 PM
For PC to PC (well, I'm including Mac's in the term PC here) I use VNC - it's pretty much the industry standard for using another machine remotely and works well over lower bandwidth connections like the 3G router. Still, I'll consider giving it a look some time, esp. if I come to need access on the HTC.

Hands0n
12th December 2006, 02:56 PM
Agreed re VNC - using it here in similar way, PC/Mac etc .... But tried it once with a PDA ..... arrrrrrgh! Insanity. :D