View Full Version : Possible Itemised Billing kafuffle

Ben
15th December 2006, 12:16 PM
Orange recently started charging for itemised billing. Before they did, they notified customers on their bills with an option to text a number in order to stop receiving itemised bills.

I texted the number as instructed, but this month received an itemised bill and a charge.

I rang Orange and, once I was talking to a real person, found that I didn't even have to ask for the refund. I simply said "I sent a text as instructed on my last bill to stop itemised billing ahead of the charges but I have had itemised billing and been charged anyway" and everything was sorted out.

Now, for starters that's good customer service. A little too good when you get a refund without even asking for it... I mean, the last time I tried to get anything refunded back from Orange it was like drawing blood from a stone and ultimately never happened.

So, I suspect many more customers who requested an end to itemised billing ahead of the new charges have been affected. Make sure you check this months bill carefully and call Orange Customer Services if you have been charged.

whatleydude
15th December 2006, 01:05 PM
Charging for itemised billing sucks.

Voda don't charge me.
They've tried.

But I keep telling them not to.

miffed
15th December 2006, 04:29 PM
I had a similar experience with Orange - where they sent me a bill with a "non Direct debit Charge " on the bill - this would have been fair enough , except the bill was indeed paid by DD !
I phoned CS , and the Guy immedietely said "Very sorry - I'll get that credited " - I half expected to never see the credit , but sure enough on my next bill I had been credit and was also given an courtesy credit of £5 for inconveniece !
This was back in the days when personally , I though Orange CS was second to none ......... Ah , the good old days ......... :D

Always warming to hear tales of CS doing their job - and they are getting few and far between these days !

Ben
15th December 2006, 05:01 PM
This was back in the days when personally , I though Orange CS was second to none ......... Ah , the good old days ......... :D
Let me grab my pipe and slippers and we'll go some place to reminisce!