View Full Version : ITN 3G mobile coverage.

3g-g
22nd April 2005, 03:33 PM
The start of things to come? This is the thing I like to see, the technology starting to be used for what some might find useful.

Reported by Media Week, read the original article here. (http://www.mediaweek.co.uk/articles/folder2005/04/ITN-vodafone-election)

ITN will to push developments in new technology to the limits in the run-up to election in an attempt to bring up-to-the minute news to viewers through a partnership with Vodafone Live!.

The news broadcaster will provide Vodafone Live!’s customers with the latest election news reported by its political team, including Nick Robinson and Alastair Stewart.

The service will aim to keep customers abreast of the fast changing political scene in the final days before the general election, through latest announcements sent direct to 3G handsets, as events unfolds.

The package will also include a general election video and text news service featuring ITN’s team of journalists and presenters.

Along with the daily text updates there will also be a picture message sent at 8pm every evening, which will consist of a video and text summary of the key political events of the day, plus an opinion polls round-up.

Nicholas Wheeler, managing director of multimedia content at ITN, said: “This is a new facility using mobile technology that was not available at the time of the last election.”

“We are seeking to engage our audience in new ways using a range of interactive platforms.”

He concluded: “We aim to break more news stories and we aim to push back the frontiers of political reporting in the UK.”

Ben
22nd April 2005, 03:52 PM
Good stuff! I'd imagine there will be a charge, but then you get what you pay for I guess. This is definitely a suitable use of 3G technology for those following the election - event based updates are hopefully going to become more and more popular.