View Full Version : Christmas Presents

Ben
22nd December 2006, 01:58 PM
So what's everyone getting and giving this Christmas?

Is anyone hoping to receive any delicious tech toys or special presents?

Perhaps you're giving something as a gift that you really wish you could keep for yourself? ;)

I think I'm set to have a pretty tech-free Christmas. I also feel like I excel myself in buying people terrible gifts more and more each year. Oh well, it's all about tearing off the wrapping paper anyway, right?

miffed
22nd December 2006, 03:35 PM
funny ..... I am just pondering buying myself something techy - after my wife hinted that she has not bought me anything of this nature
... The prospect of spending Xmas day with nothing to "set up" is quite daunting ! So the rules are , it must be about £200 and not be attatched to a contract , so far I have narrowed it down to either a palm tx (never had a palm device !) , a slingbox , or a tv "thing" for the computer ......
decisions decisions !

miffed
22nd December 2006, 03:47 PM
Oh, i should add that i am strandered in the isle of wight , where there are virtually no shops -so ideally "it" needs to come from currys , maplin or argos !

Ben
22nd December 2006, 03:58 PM
I'll be stranded on Guernsey! We should set up a paper-cups-and-string system or something ;)

miffed
22nd December 2006, 04:55 PM
LOL - you know you've made it when you get to spend Xmas on "a little island" somewhere :D

...Might try Sheppey next year

Ben
22nd December 2006, 06:39 PM
Lmaooo!

I think we're gunna have to think about the paper cups thing you know... 75p/min on Vodafone for outgoing calls, 50p/min incoming! :( Oh and at 35p a text I'm sure going to work up a nice bill :D

Hands0n
22nd December 2006, 06:39 PM
Sheppey? Noooooooooooooooooo! :D

I'm getting stuff all technical this year - but in the bit betwixt Christmas and New Year I will be found wandering the halls of Bluewater clutching my prezzy money and credit/debit cards close to my chest as I tour the gadget/technical shops.

Like Miffed, nothing on contract .... in fact .... nothing phone I think. Got too many of the damn things for the next many months! I'm eagerly awaiting my contract renewals in May and July this year to see what Messrs Nokia and Sony Ericsson have brought out. I might even strongly consider the new HSDPA Samsung on T-Mob at that time seeing as I'm on Web n Walk Plus (3GB to do with as I will ....)

So enjoy island life you two, don't forget the piccies and the report when you get back :D

CowBag
22nd December 2006, 08:39 PM
Perhaps you're giving something as a gift that you really wish you could keep for yourself?

lmao ;) :p

No Comment